Saturday, June 18, 2011

Chapter 32 Resurrection

Shhhhh……

Chapter 32

Resurrection

Edward’s POV

“Are you sure that it is fine with me staying with you Isabella?” She squeezes my hand in assurance.

“Yes! I don’t want to say goodbye yet.”

“I don’t either.”

I was relieved to hear this. She had no idea how worried I was and I was not about to worry her over this if I did not have to. Thinking of being away from her is not something I am ready for. Hell,…I wonder if I ever would be the way I feel now. It was strange to feel this way.

“I have already decided to put the penthouse on the market anyway. I have an agent that I will be meeting with to seek out a new place to live. I may even consider buying a home in Lincoln Park.” I wink at her and she flushes a beautiful crimson color.My throat burns and I groan.

Isabella yawns and I know she is tired. I hate having to drag her around like this but Carlisle said it was important.  I was not about to leave her alone at home after I got the call from him asking to meet with him.

Peter had just dropped us off at Isabella’s after we were done over at Rosalie’s house when Carlisle had called. I had no choice but to ask that we take her car since Cherry was at the ranch. And my other car form of transportation is parked in downtown Chicago at the Penthouse.
As soon as she opened the garage, I got a fucking hard on when my mind instantly went to sexual thoughts of her laying on that hood with her skirt hitched up and me pushing into her.

When she tosses me the keys, I smile at her and naturally, she would not be Bella without a snarky ass comment to go with them.

“Hope you can handle a little more power than you are used to. She is faster than that grandma mobile you drive around in.”

“Oh Isabella…you are going to pay for that little one. You can bet your sweet little ass you are.” I shook my head but could not help but chuckle.

I open her door lean in and speak softly, “Here let me get this for you. I need to make sure my naughty little girl is secured for her protection.” I lean in, kiss the hell out of her, and pull back leaving her breathless. I chuckle walking around to climb in.

“Hello….Halle….baby are you ready to see what it feels like to be driven by a speed demon?”

Isabella lets out a giggle.

“Hey now what the hell is so funny?” I look at her incredulously.

“You talk to them too?”

“Hell yeah, you have to treat them with respect Isabella especially if you depend on her being reliable. She will respond in kind, watch this.”

I turn the key keeping it in neutral to rev the engine and I coo at her, “Purr for me baby. That’s it. You know you like it when a man is gunning your engine.”

Bella threw her head back laughing.

I narrow my eyes at her and reply feeling rather impish, “You better hold on tight spider monkey!” I smirk.

I hit the gate button and time it perfect peeling out of her driveway and hit sixty by the end of her street. Blew through the stop sign and Bella’s grip on the seat was knuckle white tight.

“That’s it. Feels good to be driven hard huh baby?” I pat her dashboard.



I didn’t hear a word out of Bella for a while and I glance over to see her eyes shut.

“Relax Angel. I got skills.” I peel her fingers off the edge of the seat, pull her hand to my lips and kiss the back of it.

“Do you always drive like this?”

“What is wrong with the way I drive?”

“Uhhh, well…I think we broke the sound barrier back there when we passed that lady pushing the stroller.”

I laugh.

We pull up in Halle through the gates once I key in the pass code,  the house is naturally all lit up. Everything appears normal as if both my parents are home doing the same things that they always do as if it was any other night. Usually it consisted of Carlisle reading while Esme worked on her design business. Only I knew that things were not as they seemed. Esme is not here and I knew that my father was alone.

“Wow. It’s a beautiful home.” Bella’s voice interrupts my thought and I smile at her, climbing out making my way around to get her door before she could even blink.

I caught the scent immediately. I could smell the scent of an unfamiliar vampire before I opened Bella’s door. Carlisle has a visitor. I am surprised and now I am a little on edge. Bella’s safety was my biggest concern but I was sure that Carlisle wouldn’t jeopardize her, as he knew I was bringing her.

I walk up to the door pulling Isabella by the hand behind me. Carlisle and Esme never lock the door, we always just walk in, and I didn’t feel like anything was different now. I open it to lead Isabella inside, and as soon as I closed the door, I froze. My eyes bounce from the woman that stood there next to Carlisle as he had his arm wrapped around her waist. My eyes dart from hers to Carlisle’s and back to her. I am confused and when her thoughts flooded my brain, I felt like I had been broadsided by a rogue wave of confusion.

God, I remember that little furrow of his. It is my son! But…but how? Why?

I notice instantly that this woman can be my mother’s identical twin. A sense of unease hits me and I don’t understand what the hell is happening. Carlisle looks like a wreck.  

“Edward?” she whispers my name and I swear that it sounded just like her, but it cannot be, it is impossible. My mother died years ago.

I grab onto Isabella. “Edward it’s okay. What is it? What is wrong?”
I stare at her stunned not knowing how to react to the woman that is with Carlisle.

“She looks just like my mother Isabella. He is seeing a woman that looks just like my mother…fuck…this is too much…I can’t handle this!”

“Edward it is okay. I am right here if you need me…you freaked out and he should expect that…just calm down, let him explain?”

“I can hear her though Jesus she thinks I am her son? Does that make sense? Why is he seeing someone that he knows looks like her? I don’t get it. Is this what was so important? Why is he doing this?”
“We can’t help who we fall for Edward. Relax. Talk to him.”

“Edward.” Carlisle interrupts me.

My anger didn’t even have the time to build and I am fucking pissed in a nano second. How the fuck dare he bring a woman home that looks like her! What does that say about him? Was he attracted to my mother? I am not fucking amused. Not in the least if he thinks this is fucking funny.

“Is this some sort of sick joke?” I yell out.

“Edward please…I have to explain a few things.” Carlisle says defensively.

It is exactly what you think Edward. She is Elizabeth…it’s your mother I swear… I know you don’t understand but let me explain son. She found me!  

Each thought rattles me further. I can feel the rage stir the monster in his cage and he is rattling the damn thing seeking permission to be let loose.

“Oww…Edward…too tight.” Isabella’s hand pulls hard away from me and I realize that I am squeezing it too hard.

Shit!

“Angel…Oh baby are you okay? I am sorry. I didn’t mean…”  I try to hold her hand and ease the pain I caused her hoping to God I have not broken it. I press my cold hand to it and caress her cheek to check and make sure she is okay.

“Edward son, I…” Carlisle voice only sends me reeling.

“Don’t you dare call me your son!” I turn on Carlisle now. My anger is beyond boiling.

“What the hell is this? Who is she? What the fuck are you doing? Why are you doing this?”

“Edward. It is exactly who you think it is. It isn’t a joke really!” Carlisle is trying to explain but her thoughts keep invading my head and confusing the hell out of me even more.

He expects me to believe this woman is my mother. Is he fucking kidding me?

He is beautiful. My God,…he is what I am. My son Edward is a vampire. He did it. He did save him after all! Why didn’t he tell me? Why the hell did he wait!

My fangs burst out of my gums and I hiss out a warning. None of what she is saying is making any sense. Is she a threat? What is she? Why is she here?

Why didn’t Carlisle tell me this? Warn me?

I hiss at both of them. Carlisle reacts to my threat but oddly, she doesn’t. It should be instinct for her to do so! What the fuck is going on?

“Please Edward.”

I won’t threaten my only son!

Son? No fucking way! It can’t be! She fucking died! Over a hundred fucking years ago!

“Edward! It is exactly who you think it is! This is your Mother! Elizabeth, tell him!”

He calls her Elizabeth but..?? My brain is piecing together what is being said between them both.

She stutters confused and I realize she is just as shaken as I am and had no idea any more than I did about what the fuck is going on!

He should have warned me!

“Yes…I uh…Oh…my God…Edward.”

I stare at her. It sounds like her. God it fucking looks like her. I don’t understand and I sure as hell need to. My mind just dives in and I blurt out a question to test her. I still won’t be totally convinced but…shit….

“Si รจ utilizzato per chiamare me un nome che cosa era?”

“Oh Edward. Rame top il mio piccolo amore? You were my little copper top. My little love. Oh, Edward you have always been my little copper top, and my little love. I missed you baby!” The ache in her words stun me. She believes this. Her mind plays a memory of that fucking hospital and she is wiping my brow with a cool cloth.

No way. No…but….no one knows what she called me. I never told anyone. Not even Carlisle. Only my mother would know this!

“Mother?” I test the word.

“Yes baby.” God it sounds just like her!

“I don’t understand.” I hadn’t realized I let go of Isabella’s hand and had stepped towards her.

“Edward I am Elizabeth baby. I am your mother…the last time I saw you, we had just lost your father in the hospital, and we were both admitted the same day. We too were struck with the flu son. Carlisle was the doctor that was caring for us both. Edward I begged and pleaded for him to help you…I knew he could do what no one else could. I knew what he was baby and I couldn’t let you die that way. You had your whole life ahead of you! You were so young! I knew he could save you so I asked him to.”
 
“But…how did you? I mean he told me you died before I nearly did.”

“Edward, I know you are not going to understand this and I don’t know what he has told you but Dr. Cullen tried to save both of us and I guess somehow my reaction to his venom was ineffective or so he thought. I didn’t wake up until days later. I was underground, buried among the dead. It was no ones fault.”

“What?!” Is she kidding me? I turned to glare at Carlisle.

“You left her?!”

“Edward please calm down. Your temper was always so quick. I see that hasn’t changed.”

I stare at her stunned. She is right about my temper, my nickname, Carlisle turning me. She knows too much…but…that would mean she is a vampire!
She is a fucking vampire!
Fuck…no way! This is all just a dream and I am asleep right?

“Edward…I believed I was too late to save her. I stayed with her for hours but she showed no signs of life, I had given up any hope because I had never turned anyone so I didn’t know what I was doing. I eventually had to leave her and go back to you, to make sure that you were taken care of. I had to hurry and at least try for her. She begged and I couldn’t deny her anything! I had to see if I could at least save you!” Carlisle stands there and I hear his thoughts of regret for never telling me how he had tried to turn her also.

I am sorry I hid this from you. I hid it all. I never thought about that after I thought I had failed. I couldn’t live with what I had failed to do! I couldn’t save my own…

His thought trailed off and he stopped before he said a word. My eyes widen in horror as the reality of his words began to sink in.

“You bit my mother first and you never told me?”
Then I noticed something very different about my father’s eyes. I gasped.

“Wait a fucking minute…why are your eyes fucking blue?” I could not stop myself, I turned back to the woman that stood there, I gazed into those haunting green eyes of hers, and it all came together. I almost felt as if I was going to pass out and vampires don’t fucking pass out! My body began to tremble as my brain clues my body into what this all means.

“Mated…they have been intimate?”

“Edward please forgive me.” He looks genuinely worried and he fucking should.

“Were you aware you were mates back then?” I ask my voice lowers and everything starts to make sense.

“Yes Edward. I knew…of course but Elizabeth had no idea. She was too ill to understand anything really; I fell for her while I was caring for her after your father passed.”

“So….then if you are my Mother and have been changed…does that mean you feel the same way? What about my father?”

“Yes Edward…I am your mother, don’t doubt that baby…Why would I lie about this…I had no idea until you walked in that door that you had survived! Carlisle didn’t tell me who was coming here tonight and I swear I had no idea.”

She turns to him angry now. “Why didn’t you tell us? Why did you wait two days before you told either of us about this?”

“I told you Elizabeth I am a selfish man. I just got you back. I wasn’t ready to share you.”

“Well now that is really a fucked up thing to do don’t you think?” Isabella’s voice broke into the conversation and I turned in her direction to look at her. I had all but forgotten she was here. Jesus.  

Her face fills with color and her eyes dart between Carlisle and me. She smiles softly and says. “Oh sorry, I really had no place to just interrupt like that. Please excuse my rudeness. Oops.” She steps back and puts her hands behind her back looking all innocent and shit and I almost want to hug the shit out of her for being so fucking adorable but I can’t at the moment because I am not totally in control.

I am seconds away from lunging at Carlisle and tearing him to shreds and I turn back to look at him when I feel this strong tug from deep within me. I swallow thickly and turn to the one person that is pulling me towards her like a magnet not even aware she is doing so.

“Mom?” I whisper.

“Edward!” she lunges for me and wraps her arms around me pulling me into her and I can’t help the fact that I inhale, and there it is. The faint scent of the small Jasmine flowers she used to wear in her hair when I was little every spring when they were in full bloom. She would go out to the garden, cut some, and make a little bouquet to tuck in her beautiful golden-bronzed hair. As soon as I caught that familiar scent, I nuzzled into it only to inhale deeper.

I begin to sob like a fucking baby. I know now without a doubt that it is in fact her.
I don’t have any idea how long we stood there holding on to each other but it had was obviously been long enough. “I want to know what happened. I want to know where you have been all this time! Tell me everything!” I turn to call Isabella and realize she isn’t here.

I panic instantly.


S*h*h*h*h*h*…..

Elizabeth's POV

“They left us alone.” I grip his hand. “Come sit with me.”

“But…I…I…I am sorry…I have to go find her…I cannot leave her…you don’t understand.” His brow creases a deeply etched V and I see his eyes scan around searching. 

“Edward she is fine, I am sure. Carlisle spoke to her and they left. I think to give us some time alone. I stand here holding my son’s hand and I wonder who she is. Is she the one that has captured his heart? I want to talk to her too but for now, I want to know what has been going on in his life.

“No. It isn’t that I don’t trust him…I…just…I can’t! Please wait here…she has to be by me all the time you don’t understand.” I watch him bolt for the front door and watch his frantic behavior. My level of concern for his need for her has risen a little by his reaction to her leaving.
A few seconds later, I cannot help but follow in his direction as he has left the front door open. I peer out to see that he is standing next to a blue car with her.



He is looking down at her holding her hands in his, shaking his head disagreeing with her words. My vampire hearing cannot help but listen to her speaking to him. I know it is rude but his reaction peaked my curiosity.
“It is okay Edward go spend time with your Mom. She needs you. I will be fine, call me later. I am just going to head back home. I will come back and get you.”

“No Isabella!” His tone startles me and she doesn’t seem at all affected by how harshly he snaps at her. “You do not leave my side and you damn well know this! This is not negotiable. We discussed this and you agreed! Do I need to tether you to me here as well? Trust me I will do it, make no mistake.”

My mouth falls open and I am stunned beyond words.

What in the world? I don’t understand how he can talk to her this way.

“Edward…this is different. It is your mother. You have not seen her in a very long time and I do not want to interfere with your reunion. This is not the way to reunite with your mother having me tag along. I am sure she wants to spend some time alone with her son. I will be fine.”

“Isabella are you arguing with me?” His finger and thumb grip her chin as he looks down at her and I would swear he is glaring at her as he holds her attention.

“No Master.” She replies looking him right in the eyes and if my heart were still beating it would have stopped. Her response leaves me breathless.
“You will be by my side unless I say otherwise. I assure you Isabella it won’t be anytime soon. I need you at my side. Is that understood?”

“Yes, Master.” He smiles down at her response, she responds with the same expression, and he leans in and kisses her lips softly. I cannot help but just gape at the exchange between them. 



“Who do you belong to? Tell me Angel.” He demands when he pulls back. His eyes hold hers as if he is dominating her.  

“I belong to you.” Her reply only causes me to watch in disbelief.

“What else.” He demands.

“I love you Edward.”

“As I love you, Isabella.” He replies and his hands slide up under her hair and he tugs it back and kisses her deeply not even aware of my eavesdropping on their moment.

What in the hell?

“Edward!” My voice startles even me and his eyes met mine as he quickly turns to look at me surprised by my sharp tone and my interruption.

“What in the hell was that?” I demand.

His brow furrows and he cocks his head to the side watching me.


“I sure as hell didn’t raise you to behave with such disrespect to a young lady like this! What has gotten into you?”

His response stuns me even more so and I feel my heart break with his words.

“Isabella this is my mother Elizabeth. Elizabeth or Mother…this is Isabella my true mate. I am also her Master. Isabella is my submissive, and your right, you did not raise me, at least not all the way. I am not the same boy you left in Chicago. In case you forgotten you just told me that you begged Carlisle to save me. Well this is who I am now. I am a vampire and this is what I am. I may as well hide nothing from you. If Carlisle had been honest he may have informed you of my lifestyle but he seems to have snuck out and left us to discover everything there is to know about one another.”

He had a hold of her hand and stepped towards the house. “So let me ask you. Have you been fucking Carlisle for the last 48 hours and where the fuck did he disappear to? I am not finished with him!”

My hand lands on my chest in shock. He pauses before he speaks again as I stand here stunned by the use of vulgarity my sweet son now uses.

“And don’t bother lying. I can read your mind. It was one of the few gifts I was born into this life with. The one I have you to thank for.”


© Robshandmonkey~

 I swear I don't know what has gotten into him...He can be such a brat!









3 comments:

  1. A brat he may be, but he is honest. Okay he could have politely sugar-coated it a bit. But lets be honest, they have lost enough time as there is. Might as well spit it out now and be on the same chapter from here on out.
    I loved this chapter. Seeing Edward and Bella's relationship through Elizabeth's eyes is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it!! I think that Edward's behavior toward Elizabeth is completely understandable. He is a grown man and doesn't need her to comment on his relationship! But he is toooooooooooo sexy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this fanfic! it's the hottest bad ass-eist story I've read so far! I'm loving it!

    Is chapter 33 not up yet ?- Ive only started reading this fic last week and wasnt sure if the story was complete yet.??

    ReplyDelete