Thursday, June 16, 2011

Chapter 31 Copper Top


Shhhhh.....

Chapter 31 
Copper Top


Carlisle stared at his phone. He sighed before he threw it down pulled on his pants and his shirt. Barefoot he grabbed the hotel key and his phone and he walked out of the room making his way down the hall to the stairwell and he began his decent as he dialed.

In the meantime Edward’s phone rings. He looks down and sees its Carlisle. An instant feeling of relief washes over him.

“Carlisle?”

“Yeah uh…hey…I uh really need to see you.”

“Now? Where are you?”

“New York. But I will be home in a few hours. I would like you to come out to the house. Edward son it is very important that you be there.”

“Is everything all right?”

“I certainly hope it will be.”

“Alright well can I bring Isabella?”

“Of course. It may be a good idea actually.”

“Okay well then see you at the house in a few hours.”

Carlisle closes his phone and walks back up to inform Elizabeth they are cutting their trip short.

“Elizabeth you need to pack love. We need to go back to Chicago.” He says as he walks in the door and she stands there in all her naked glory and her beauty knocks the breath right out of him. She is stunningly beautiful and his heart shatters for the heartache he is going to cause the two people he loves the most.


Shhhhh…..

Elizabeth’s POV


Earlier this evening Carlisle made a bizarre phone call and when I questioned him he wouldn’t answer any of them. He just kept pleading for me to understand. He wouldn’t say another word once I agreed to go back to Chicago. He just kissed me and smiled sadly. However, I didn’t understand. Nothing made sense. Everything was happening so fast and I was confused.

Before I knew it I was on a plane on my way back home and a car was waiting for us as we pulled up on to the tarmac. It is pretty obvious that Carlisle is very wealthy to have his own jet and a limo driver at a moments notice at the odd hour of the morning.

I stood outside the Cullen estates not really wanting to go inside but he insisted that his wife had left and that she wasn’t coming back. I still didn’t feel comfortable. Not in the least. This was her home. Their home. Why was I here anyway?

“He will be here any minute. It’s sort of a surprise…well it will be anyway.” Carlisle gave me a soft smile and still acted strangely pulling on my hand and dragging me inside.

I stared at Carlisle in disbelief still wondering. What kind of surprise could he have for me that would trump the fact that he told me that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. He just asked me to marry him last night. There is nothing in the world I love more than the thought of spending the rest of my life with this man and becoming Mrs. Carlisle Cullen. Nothing could surely trump that!

He smiles sheepishly. “I know you are probably going to think I am crazy Elizabeth but trust me love, what I am about to show you is going to trump everything your heart has ever desired. I should have said something far before now but I was so taken with you. I am a vampire after all and we tend to be a little selfish, but my conscious won out. I just could not let another day go by and keep you all to myself even though I wanted to. You both deserve this, after all you both have been through, I hope you will find it in your hearts to forgive me for holding on to you to keep for myself for the very short time we had this weekend. All I can say is I am so sorry. I am a selfish man.”

“Carlisle what are you talking about?” I reach up and cup his cheek in my hand.
“I don’t understand.”

“You will. Just keep your eyes on that door.” He nods towards the front doors.

I stand here looking at the double doors waiting for something. I tune in my hearing and I listen further trying to decipher the sounds that are coming from the other side of the door. I hear the car approach and shut off.

“Wow. It is a beautiful home.” The voice is of a female then I hear a car door slam, then another. I then catch the faint hint of footsteps two sets, one softer than the other. I inhale and one of them is human the other isn’t. It’s a vampire.

They draw closer and I look up at Carlisle, his smile was off. He almost seemed apprehensive but tried to act happy and relaxed. How very odd. My eyes went back to the door, the handle jiggled and the door opened and two people stepped inside first the male then the human female. 




My expression dropped. My throat closed up. My heart felt like someone had just crushed it in his or her bare hands. It ached even though it did not beat. My stomach turned upside down and the raspy sob that escaped my throat surprised even me. I felt Carlisle’s arm tighten around my waist as if he was holding me steady. I did not move. I simply couldn’t. One word fell from my lips in a faint whisper.

Edward.

He froze where he stood, his eyes darting from me to Carlisle and then back to me. His brow furrowed. God, I remember that little furrow of his. It’s my son! But…but how?
I want to move but I cannot find it in me to step at all in any direction and I watch his reaction, his eyes narrow and then widen the moment I believe he recognizes me.

“Edward?” I breathed out.

He turns suddenly and his grip on a tiny young beautiful little human girl, who is standing next to him is surprising. She is whispering soothing words to him and she has a hold of his hand. I hear her reassuring him that he is fine and she won’t be far. Is she calming him down? I do not understand. He looks at her and he is shaking his head muttering words in her ear. His words making no sense or I am just not hearing him right I am not sure. I am so overwhelmed and confused and just….at a loss for words.

“Edward.” Carlisle interrupts his conversation with the dark haired girl next to him.

Edward turns to look at Carlisle and I see a familiar look that I have been privy to a few times in my human life as the memory floods my thoughts of a time long ago past. My very lost little boy and his temper. He could always grow so hot at the spur of the moment.

“Is this some sort of sick joke?” He yells out as he glares at Carlisle.

“Edward please…I have to explain a few things.” Carlisle holds his hands up as if to surrender. Edward’s body starts to shake and the little human he is holding onto cries out in pain.

“Oww…Edward…too tight.” She whimpers pulling her hand away from him.

He gasps and turns to look at her. “Angel…Oh baby are you okay?” He inspects her hand cradling it and running his hand along her cheek. “I am sorry. I didn’t mean…”

“Edward son, I…” Carlisle interrupts him again.

“Don’t you dare call me your son!” He turns to roar at Carlisle.

“What the hell is this? Who is she? What the fuck are you doing? Why are you doing this?”

“Edward. It is exactly who you think it is. It isn’t a joke!” Carlisle is trying to calm him as I stare at the most beautiful man I have ever seen. I nearly sob because he is what I am. My son Edward is a vampire. He did it. Carlisle did what I had asked and he did in fact save him after all! Why didn’t he tell me? Why the hell did he wait!?

His eyes dart from me back to Carlisle and his brow furrows yet again. He swallows and instinctively his fangs come out to threaten something he doesn’t understand. It is okay though because as much as he is frightened so am I. Why didn’t Carlisle tell me this? Warn me? 

Then Edward hisses at us both.

“Please Edward.” Carlisle begs and his fangs are also engaged and I know it is instinct. I won’t allow mine to surface no matter how badly my body is trying to bare them. I will not threaten my only son.

His eyes dart to mine and he looks confused almost as if he had heard me.

“Edward!” Carlisle yells angry now. “It is exactly who you think it is! This is your Mother! Elizabeth tell him!” Carlisle turns to me with pleading eyes. The anger is getting the best of him and clearly he is shaken from the situation.

I stutter trying to respond but I am at a loss. He should have warned me!

“Yes…I uh…Oh…my God…Edward.” I want to run to him and hug him but I find I am cut off before I do with his questioning. He was testing me and trying to see if Carlisle was lying about who I really was.

“Si è utilizzato per chiamare me un nome che cosa era?


“Oh Edward. Rame top il mio piccolo amore? You were my little copper top. My little love. Oh Edward you have always been my little copper top and my little love. I missed you baby!” His face fell even further. His voice cracked and he dropped the dark haired girls hand and steps forward.

“Mother?”

“Yes baby.” 

Robshandmonkey.....
Translation

You used to call me a name what was it? 
Si è utilizzato per chiamare me un nome che cosa era?

giggles wickedly...I am so bad....

4 comments:

  1. Wow! J'adore!

    Fleur50

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really get why Edward is pissed at Carlisle. And Carlisle should have warned Elizabeth too. He is such a prick. I wonder what color eyes he has now and what will happen when Edward notices. I have a feeling he will be very protective about his mother and Carlisle isn't his favorite right now. Carlisle should have trusted Edward with what he believed happened to his mother. I wonder how Elizabeth will react to Bella. I believe she will adore her and see how good she is for her hotheaded little copper top :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your stories and maybe I can help you since the italian translation that you have for "You used to call me a name what was it?" has no sense....
    Probably you use google... *sigh* let me tell you, google hate italian language XD

    -"Qual era il nomignolo che usavi per me?"-

    I follow you also at FF.net, I'm KurumiAkino if you need me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOH Love this twist..very good

    ReplyDelete