Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Chapter 74 Newborn on the streets of Chicago

Shhhhh…..

Chapter 74

Newborn on the streets of Chicago


I was pissed to say the least.

I cannot believe he is fucking serious with this shit!

He knew! I told him already! How dare he!!

What the hell is he thinking?

Stupid arrogant fucking Dominant Vampire!

I am halfway out of the industrial area when I realize that I am on the dark streets of downtown Chicago. He has to be behind me I am sure not too far behind me but for the moment; I just had to get away because all I could see was red. I needed to get away from him to calm the hell down.

Ugh!

I stop when I hear and smell humans near me.

“Hey motherfucker get your ass over here or I am going to beat your ass. Hell I will beat it anyway punk!”

I still in the spot I am now standing in waiting to hear what is happening very close by. I hear the sound of running footsteps and then a child rounds the corner. He is no more than ten or twelve. I can smell the fear coursing through his veins and I am sure he is scared to death. He isn’t even looking in my direction clearly with his head turned looking over his shoulder now back towards the corner he came around from.

He then runs right smack into me. “Whoa.” I catch him before he falls backwards.

“Sorry lady.” He looks up at me wide-eyed, and then a gang of kids round the corner behind him, running, they too stop in their tracks when they see us standing here under the only streetlight that works and is lit up around here.

“Well, well, look at what we got here.” The tallest oldest boy of the group eyes me up and down. “Hey there sugar. What’s a fine piece of ass like you doing in a neighborhood like this? You lost or something?” He walks around me eyeing me up and then one of the other taller boys grabs the fleeing kid by the arm and says, “Where the hell you running off to?”

“Hey let go of him!” I hiss.

“Excuse me but I don’t think I was talking to you baby.” His brow furrows and he stares me down with a threatening look.

Before I can stop the action, my fangs slide into place and I keep my mouth closed to keep them hidden from all the humans around me. I catch the smell of my Master and he isn’t but a few feet away when he stops and waits in the shadows listening.

“Man baby how much do you charge? You must cost a fortune, but I got twenty dollars…what do you say we go on over to one of those abandoned buildings and you can suck me off?”

I snort out a laugh and decide to play with him. I stroll up to him and brush my fingertip barely over his youthful cheek.

“Are you sure you can handle me big boy?” I smile down at him deviously while batting my lashes at him.

I hear Edward’s low growl and a snarl come out of the dark shadows.

“Shit baby, I know I could handle you. I would love to impale you on my dick. My dick is so big you would scream from the pain sugar. You look tight!” His friends all laugh with him.

“Is that so?” I push. “Show me.” I nod towards his dick.

“Excuse me?” He looks a little taken a back.

“You heard her man. Show her.” One of his cronies yells out to him. He starts to mumble, then tries to act all tough as he walks up to me, and then he stupidly puts his filthy hands on me as he reaches out to grab my face gripping my chin in his hand forcefully.

His eyes widen the moment he feels the hardness of my ice-cold skin, when the palm of his hand makes contact with it. It is only for a second though because instantly Edward has him by the throat and is lifting him off the ground, his feet are kicking, and he is clawing at his throat for air.  

“You wanna die punk ass mother fucker? Touch my Angel again and I will tear you apart.” Edward growls.

“Edward.” I warn him to put the kid down as he is trying to breathe clawing and gasping at Edwards fingers trying to loosen his grip on him.

“Say you’re fucking sorry.” He snaps.

The kid’s eyes are bugging out and the kid looks over at me, pleading with his eyes for help.

“SAY IT!” Edward yells and even I jump at the sound of his tone.

“Sssssorrry.” He manages to squeeze out and Edward drops him to the ground. All his friends suddenly turn and run back the way they came as the kid sits there on the ground coughing and choking on oxygen.

I turn and look at the kid that they were chasing. “Are you alright?”

“Yeah. I am fine lady. Thanks.”

“Isabella come on.” Edward commands and I glare at him.

“He needs someone to walk him home.” I protest.

Edward looks past me at the kid and then back at me.

“I can’t just leave him here for this one to hurt him.” I nod over at the bully that is still trying to recover.

Edward sighs heavily. “Fine. Where do you live kid?” he asks.

“Three blocks away…but you don’t have…”

“We most certainly do.” I say softly and turn to start walking him home.

“What is your name?” I ask.

“Charley.”

“Well Charley, my name is Bella and this here is Edward.” He eyes us both and Edward nods and mutters, “Hey.” I don’t really care that he seems put out with the whole situation.

“What are you doing down here at night all alone for?” he asks me.

“I uh…well I did something stupid and I ran away from something that made me mad.” I try to explain.

“I did something stupid too. I waited too late at the library and didn’t realize it was dark outside already. I should have left sooner. I just got sort of into what I was reading.”

“What were you reading?”

“You probably never head of it. It’s a story called The Hunger Games.”

“I have to! I read that when I was a hu…I mean I read that when I used to go to the library.”

His eyes widen and he looks at me surprised. “Really? Did you read all of them or just the first one?”
“I read them all…I heard they are making the movie now.”

“They are! So tell me does she end up with Peeta or Gabe?”

“I am not going to tell you that!” I laugh. “You just have to keep reading it and see.”

“Yeah I suppose.” He kicks a rock.

“Don’t you have a library card? Can’t you take the book home with you to read?”

“Nah…I don’t have a library card on the counta we move around so much. Libraries make you have to live in their neighborhood before you can get a card from them.”

“Well how long have you lived here?” I ask.

“Listen lady…I don’t want to get into trouble.”

“I won’t tell anyone.” I promise…not really knowing what I am promising.

“Isabella…maybe you should just let it go.” Edward warns.

“No. There is no reason a kid shouldn’t have access to a library card just because of where he lives!”

“Or doesn’t live.” The kid mumbles.

“Wait a second. Where do you live?” Edward stops and asks him outright.

The kid nods and points to the abandoned apartment building on the corner.

“I stay there with my family.”

My heart literally breaks.

“Edward.” I nearly cry out looking at him. Edward’s eyes dart from me to the kid to the abandoned building.

“You live there without heat, or electricity?” He nods towards the building.

“We got heat. We light a fire at night.” It is only then that I notice how thin he is.

“Charley, I want the truth, you and your family are homeless?” I ask.

“Yes mam.” He looks down as if he is ashamed and again my cold dead heart aches.

Edward’s eyes soften as he stares at me.

“We have to do something.” I am nearly in tears.

“What would you have me do Isabella?” he looks at me unsure of how to handle the situation.

“We could check them into a hotel tonight and then find them a place in the morning.” I suggest.

“I don’t think that is such a good idea.” The kid starts to fidget and Edward cocks his brow at him.

“Why?” Edward asks studying the kid’s reactions.

“Like I said I don’t want any trouble lady. You are going to get me into trouble. I am not supposed to tell anyone where I live!” he whisper yells.

I stand in front of Edward. “Give me some money.” I ask pleading with him. “Please.”

Edward doesn’t hesitate and pulls out a fifty-dollar bill.

“Perfect.” I say and turn to the kid. “Listen,” I kneel down and meet with his eyes now that am at his level. “Here I want you to take this and you tell your parents you found this on the ground near the sewer on the way home. You can get something to eat and then tomorrow I want you to promise me you will meet me at the library. Can you promise me that?”

He looks at the fifty-dollar bill with wide eyes and then back up at me. “Lady I can’t take this.”

“Yes you can. I insist. Please Charley, don’t hurt my feelings. You wouldn’t want to do that would you?” I lay some guilt on him if it will get him to take it.

“No mam.” He mumbles.

“So you will meet me tomorrow after school?”

“Yes mam.” He agrees and I smile at him.

“Good. Now go before you get into trouble.” I nod towards the building and stand and watch him slowly turn and walk towards it. He looks back over his shoulder and waves at me. I wave back and sigh.

“Bella.” Edward whispers.

“Shut up.” I hiss not even looking at him as I watch Charley walk further away and disappear inside of the building.

Turn, then start walking, and I back towards the club.

“Bella we need to talk.” His voice right now is the last thing I want to hear. I stop and turn to glare at him.

“I was sure that what we had was forever Edward. I love you and you are all that I want…all that I have ever wanted. I am sorry that I cannot be enough for you. I am sorry that you need to experience things with other submissives. I wished you had been clearer on the subject when we took on these roles. I will never be enough for you and as much as that pains me to know that now, I understand that you need more than what I can give you.” I start walking away from him.

“Wait…Bella that is not true! You are everything I need!” He grabs my arm and pulls me back.

“If that’s so then why do you want to bring someone else into our relationship?” I hiss.

He looks down, his brow is furrowed, and he is thinking. Taking far too long for my liking but he finally speaks, “I never thought of it that way. I have always had more than one submissive and it wasn’t so much for me as it was for you.” He replies.

I snort out a laugh. “For me?” I roll my eyes and he narrows his eyes at me.

“Don’t you dare think about correcting me you arrogant son of a bitch! If the situation calls for me to roll my eyes in disgust then so be it! How dare you! You may be the Dominant in this relationship Edward Cullen, but fuck you if you think you are going to share me with anyone else! Like I said…RED!”

“Isabella, I get it alright! I know now that you are not open to sharing with another female.”

“Oh and by the way…how would you like it if I told you I would like to ask Jacob to dominate me for a night and join us in YOUR playroom?” I put my hands on my hips and glare at him.

His fangs burst out of his gums and he hisses at me, the fire, and anger burning in his green eyes that darken instantly.

“Huh….point made!” I hiss back and turn to stomp away from him. “Don’t like it when the shoe is on the other foot now do you?” I scowl as I keep walking.

“Isabella!” he howls out my name. I turn to look at him.

“Don’t use that Dominant voice with me right now! I am not submitting to you!” I snap.

“You wear my fucking collar!” He reminds me.

I narrow my eyes at him and make to take it off. His eyes widen and then form into thin slits.

“Don’t you fucking dare!” His eyes darken even further, his tone is deep, low and the words roll off his tongue in a threatening tone, as venom drips from his fangs.

“Or what?” I challenge.

I watch his eyes widen a fraction of an inch and then the hurt fills them.

“Nice try.” I scowl. “I may wear your collar but damn it when I call fucking Red I mean it and the scene is over and in this case by scene I mean discussion!”

I walk back to the club and Seth is standing at the Valet desk.

“Hello Miss Swan.” He smiles up at me as I walk past him.

“Hey Seth.” I give him a soft smile and waltz inside. I look around and don’t see Rosalie or Alice. I do however see Peter and Charlotte and walk over to Peter.

“Peter.” I smile at him while he looks at me warily.

“Hey Princess what had you all fired up a little while ago?” he looks over my shoulder and I know without looking, that Edward has walked into the club not too far behind me. I can feel him as the hair rises on my arm.

“I want to talk to you about something.” I ask.

He looks at me and back at Edward apprehensively. Then his eyes soften and he puts his arm around me.

“Shoot love…what do you want to talk about.” He asks leading me to a table where we sit down. I can feel Edward move past us and into the club. The tension in the room is thick and I hear his office door slam.

Peter’s brows shoot up in surprise and he looks at me curiously.

“What’s going on between you two? You were happy not an hour ago.” He asks.

“Ask him. I wanted to ask you about utilizing some of my money. I know that libraries are run by the city but can anyone with the funds build a library where they make their own rules?”

“What do you mean your own rules?”

“Well in order to get a library card you have to live locally to the library you are applying for…what if someone say, were homeless. How could they have access to a library and be allowed to check out books without an address?”

“Well they can visit it I suppose, but they just can’t check out books.”

“Does that seem fair?” I ask.

“Well no, but if the book turns up missing you have no where to go, to look for the responsible party.”

“Well let’s say for example, I want to build a library that makes books available to anyone whether they live here or not.”

“Well you are taking a risk.”

I shake my head, “If it is a risk I am willing to take, can I still build a library where it’s possible?”

“I don’t see why not. I am sure you could make it a private library. Then you could make your own rules.”

“Great.” I smile widely at him.

“What is this about?”

“I met a kid tonight who is homeless and can’t check out a book because of it. That seems so wrong to me. Every kid should be able to go to the library, and be given the opportunity to read whenever they want. The local libraries are closing down earlier and even shortening their weeks cutting back because of the economy. It just seems wrong. I want to change that. I want to help that kid and any other one out there that wants to be able to read but isn’t allowed to do so in the privacy of their own home!”

“Well alright, have you discussed this with Edward?” he asks.

“No. I am too pissed off at him right now.”

“Uh oh, what did he do?” he chuckles.

“It isn’t funny Peter, he suggested that we scene with another submissive.”

His brows shot up and I was sure the same look was on my face not moments ago when Edward himself suggested it to me.

“Exactly see!” I growl out.

“Uh…er…wait a second…let me get this straight, Edward suggested this?”

“Yes!”

He laughs. Throws his head back, laughs and takes my hand leading me out of the club.

We are standing near the parking lot and I stare at Peter as he tries to get over his laughing spell.

“I am glad you find this so amusing.” I glare at him.

“I am sorry. It’s just that…Edward well he is fucking idiot Isabella.”

“You won’t get any argument from me there.” I cross my arms over my chest.

“No seriously. You see, that fucker thinks that it’s going to be the same with you as it was with his former submissives. He is so fucking clueless he has no idea that the moment you and another female start this little show that his instincts are going to kick right the fuck in and he is going to safe word so fast, he won’t know what hit him.”

“Huh?” I look at him as if he has lost his mind.

“Princess, Edward is in no way going to handle sharing you with anyone, male or female…but obviously he needs to be shown. The only reason he could handle it before is because he wasn’t connected to his former subs the way he is connected to you.”

I narrow my eyes at him. “So what are you saying, that he doesn’t really want to share me or does he?”

“It isn’t a matter of him wanting to share you. He is used to doing things his way. He always has done it that way. Hell you know what an arrogant ass he can be. All self righteous, knowing, and shit. He just doesn’t realize that it won’t be the same once it starts to happen. God he is so clueless. Would I love to be a fly on the wall for that scene.”

A smile graces my lips. “Well Peter, maybe, just maybe you will be!”

“Listen this is what I am going to do.” I pull Peter further away and I start to plan.

Once everything is set up, Edward isn’t going to know what has hit him.

Like I said…stupid Dominant Vampire!

©Robshandmonkey~  


*gigglesnorts....poor vamp is in for a surprise....

2 comments:

  1. Omg I can't wait for that scene! I wish Bella hadn't already said no so defiently! Do you think he may think something is up with her all of a suddent agreeing???? Can't wait can't wait!!
    alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I can't wait to see him safe word, haha, please feel free to update again like this haha

    ReplyDelete