Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Chapter 58 The Game

a/n please remember when reading this chapter…Bella is a very volatile newborn who has pretty much seen several various people come in and out of Edward’s life. She is also still a very eighteen year old girl that trusts him one minute completely but the next minute she doesn't trust him at all. She is sure he wouldn’t do anything to harm her…cut her a break before you get angry at her naivety in this chapter. 



Shhhhh…..

Chapter 58

The Game




“Emmett calm down please. I am working on it! We will find her!” Peter yells back at him into the phone as a hysterical Emmett is pounding on the hood of Rosalie’s totaled GT in the middle of a rundown towing lot. 



“I have checked every hospital, every police station damn it! Fuck Peter!! I can smell them on the fucking car! A goddamn vampire has her! She is probably fucking dead! You should see the car!!! Oh God…I…I have to call Edward! I have to go!” his voice drops and he lets out a strangled sob.

Emmett hangs up and dials Edward’s cell phone and still it goes to voicemail. It had been going to voicemail for three days now.

He had been in contact with both Peter and Edward and he updated them as to what he was doing.

Ever since they boarded the plane, Rosalie had thrown a fit about Bella’s change and she wanted to be far away from them. All of them and she emphasized the word them. The way she said it stung but Emmett couldn’t really blame her for the way she felt. He wasn’t exactly sure how he would have taken the news if the tables were turned and she told him she was a vampire if he were the human one.  

Peter flew her back to Chicago first after the incident in the forest and Emmett drove her home, but there was no way he was leaving her there alone even if she didn’t want to be near him.

Peter and the rest of them flew down south leaving both Emmett and Rosalie in Chicago.

As much as he tried to keep his distance, she would always spot him in a crowd. She would make eye contact and scowl at him, and yet there were times when she looked at him like she wanted to run to him. Those were the times he held onto every bit of hope he could muster.

His heart was twisted up like an impossible knot that was so tight it would never come undone over this woman, but if Emmett was anything, it wasn’t a quitter. He was not giving up. She belonged to him and he would protect her, and had been doing so up until this morning.   

Rosalie had been working at Exotic Eclipse. She could feel Emmett near as he watched her. He wouldn’t invade on her privacy but she still felt him around almost constantly. 

She was working on a old BMW for a customer that was in the middle of restoring it. While trying to reach up and tighten one of the engine mounts, her hand slipped and she smacked it hard against a solid part of the engine block. She yelled out with a colorful choice of curse words that most sailors would blush at the mere thought of saying.

She was getting that closed in feeling. Stress and the fact that it had been three weeks since she had last seen and talked to Bella was starting to get to her. She missed her best friend and needed an outlet. Her eyes landed on that garage that still had two fast little beauties sitting inside of it just waiting to be broken in. Between the two cars, both odometer’s didn’t have more than ten miles between them.

Rosalie washed her hands as best she could pulled off her coveralls, steps outside of the garage and began yelling. 

“Emmett Cullen get your ass out here!”

Of course he isn’t going to miss this opportunity and it doesn’t matter if she is just going to yell at him or tell him to fuck off, he only wants to be near her.

She is walking with determination as he flies to her side not even looking up and over at him. Then with a lift of her hand a silver ring with a key flies up in the air and with his vampire like reflexes he catches the set of keys.

“What’s this?” he asks.

“Edward says that all cars should have a name. I never really thought that much about it until he made it appoint to inform me of all people…that if you treat a car like a lady, she will respect you and never let you down so long as you care about her.”

She stops and turns to look up at Emmett. She smiles because in her eyes he is absolutely gorgeous and his golden eyes sparkle at her even after all the bullshit she has put him through.

“Yours is black as night. She is fast. She is one mean looking bitch and she needs a fucking name. I want you to be the one to name her.” She turns and pushes the button on the remote towards the seven car garages and two doors in the middle slide up simultaneously revealing her beauties in all their glory. 



Emmett’s mouth falls open and the words, “Fuck me those are badass!”fall out of his mouth.



Rosalie grins and is elated that he approves and she nods in full agreement.

“In the meantime, I got my own Snake to charm.”

A smile spreads across her lips and she slowly turns her head to look back at him, needing to tilt her head up to see him.

He is tall, dark, devilishly handsome with the sexiest of all dimples any man could have and she wonders if those same dimples adorn the top of his ass cheeks.

She knows that he IS the only one for her, and tonight she has every intention of finding out if her adorable, dimpled vampire has a matching set on his backside.   

She turns back to look at both cars swinging a set of her own keys around her long beautifully manicured but grease stained finger.

“Emmett drive her hard, drive her fast and break her in and when you are done, meet me back here. Then baby, I expect you to do the same for me.” Her lift lips up in a half crooked wicked smile not looking back at him but knowing she must of have left him motherfucking speechless.

She walks towards her pretty black and red snake and yells back, “Your burning daylight Emmett. I turn into a pumpkin at midnight.”

In the meantime, Emmett stands there with his mouth hanging open. He feels his heart swell along with very important other parts of his anatomy. The visuals she has now painted in his mind are stunning.

The car door slams and brings him out of his daydream as the beauty presses her foot on the gas revving the engine gunning it. A pang of jealousy hits him when he wants to be charmed too. The snake hisses and revs then rolls out only to stop right in front of him.

“Fuck that is motherfucking beautiful!” He declares.

She revs the engine, rolling forward ever so slowly she lets the bumper taps his leg. 



She slips on a pair of ray bans, leans her head out the window and says in a very seductive tone, “I expect you to whisper her name in my ear when you crawl into my bed tonight bare ass naked. Remember though Emmett…that better be the only time I hear another bitches name on your lips right before you will be fucking me!” she throws her head back laughing, backs up cranks the wheel and peels out leaving rubber and a very cheeky grinning Emmett in her dust.

That would be one of the the last times he saw her and she didn’t come home. He caught up to her once as he pulled up next to her revving the engine of the black beast she let him play with.
She left him in the dust and he cursed himself for not having the driving skills of his brothers. He liked his cars big and beefy. Not fast and sleek so he was a little out of practice.

He sat there on her porch and waited, paced and waited some more.

“Rosalie…what the fuck are you doing?” He left a message on her voice mail. She never answered and when that clock that ticked away in her house chimed ringing out the ding twelve times, and she still wasn’t home, Emmett began to panic.

The following morning Emmett had already been to every hospital, police station, her building where she worked, Bella’s house and even the few places he knew she had been in the last several weeks he kept coming up with nothing.
Then he got a call from a the police who asked if he was the guy looking for a black and red Shelby GT and his world shattered when he was told that the car had been totaled and strange as it is, Rosalie Hale was no where to be found.

He had been standing there next to her GT when he hung up with Peter now grabbing at his hair so close to a melt down he had to talk to Edward and he was at his wits end when he thought of her.

Isabella.

He dials her number and her voice is like an angels coming to him out of the darkest of nights.

“Hello Emmett.” 

“Oh thank God!! Isabella where the fuck is Edward?” He is frantic and pacing back and forth.

“He left a long time ago. Why…is everything all right?”

“Where did Edward go Bella? I need to find him!! He isn’t answering his fucking phone!!”

“Emmett I don’t know he said he had some business to handle. There were like several guys here, he said they were business acquaintances and they came by because Edward had not been in contact with them. He left several hours ago but he said he would be right back.”

The hair on Emmett’s neck rose up, a low gasp escapes his lips. His voice is barely a whisper,

“He what?”

Emmett knows that not in any lifetime would Edward choose to leave Isabella on that ranch alone by herself and although there have been more people that have become privy to where exactly Edward’s ranch is, there is no way in hell that any business acquaintances that Edward would trust enough to tell them where he was at.

“Who came over there Bella?” His tone shifts from anxious and worried to a more firm demanding one and it startles Bella.

“I don’t know who they were Emmett, you know how Edward is with me! He doesn’t tell me anything more than he absolutely has to especially about his business life. Hell, I barely got much out of him when you were all traveling around the world! I do know that one he called James. Emmett your scaring me and you sound different, why is something wrong?”

“Bella, don’t you dare leave that house do you hear me! If anyone comes but me you get your ass downstairs like before! I am on my way Bella!” Emmett didn’t even give her a chance to ask another question. He didn’t care who saw him as he took his leave from the lot where Rosalie’s car is sitting. He leapt the fence in one bound and was yanking the door of the Camaro opened as he started it up and peeled out heading for the Shawnee Forest at top speed.  



S*h*h*h*h*h…….


Edward’s POV





“I have been dying to fuck you the way the beast in me has been envisioning my beautiful Angelic little swan. Ever since you stood there in my office with that adorable as fuck little bitch brow cocked up at me and that sassy mouth sucking on that beautiful pouty lip the way you do teasing the fuck out of both of us with that virgin innocence, you have no idea how close I came to following along with his plan. I think it's time Isabella, I want to fuck you like an animal!"

As soon as I admitted to her what I had been wanting to do to her all along, my focus shifts to the voice now speaking in a tone that is unnerving in my mind.

The last few days at the ranch had been deadly silent with it only being Bella and I here.
And here out of nowhere, this voice speaks, his words haunting and foreboding.

I could feel the hair raise on my neck, my mouth flooded with venom, my fangs were already out but what freaked me the fuck out was the second set engaged and I knew what was about to happen could not be good.

My entire body now on edge, when suddenly the playroom light extinguished and my nostrils fill with the scent of more than one vampire entering the room. I find it odd that the thoughts of only one of them are getting to me. I try to access the others but I get nothing. They move with precision around the bed taking up their positions as if they had already planned exactly where and when before they even arrived.

I am frozen, my mind is trying to tell me that the smell of these vampires is my own. Why the fuck can’t I hear them?

I was damn sure Isabella could also distinguish the scent of those behind us now as well. Bree’s angelic face pops into my head and it is then that I realize what the fuck I have been doing this whole time completely oblivious and so fucking self righteous in my own fucked up mind, I had no one to blame for any of it but myself.

Bella lay here underneath me bewildered at first but then again I knew that she couldn’t hear what I was hearing even if it was only the one vampire’s thoughts that I can hear while the five others are totally silent.

I felt her body tense under me only a second after my own responded to the invasion of my personal privacy. I was fucking pissed and wanted to remove every one of their heads for breaking into my fucking home and then having the fucking nerve to come up here and confront me while I was fucking my girl.

The deepest growl rumbled from my chest out in a warning to them but it fell on deaf ears as he now spoke to me through his thoughts.

He knows of my gift.

Master Cullen…You are being summoned. It is time to make a decision. You can either come with us without incident OR we have been ordered to use her as a pawn and we go ahead and END her. Six against two do not make great odds, but when six of those are gifted…well you get the picture...I am sure you want no harm to come to her.

The beast in me is rattling his cage now. He is outraged and I am sure that it is both problems that seem to have him in an uproar. The first being is that he really doesn’t like cock blockers. The second is because there is a direct threat to kill her hanging in the balance.

If it were one on one it would be simple. This motherfucker had just threatened the life of my girl and he would most definitely be dead under more fair circumstances in the blink of an eye. However, there are five others that could harm her while I am busy with him.  

There is no way in fuck I was letting them near her to harm her.

I look through his eyes and see us both  in front of him and I thank God that her body is covered by mine. I watch with rapt attention as he willingly shows me everything.

It is Aro summoning me. The bastard is using these five fuckers created by my venom to do his bidding. I want to roar on them all. Anger is filling me completely.   

My skin is tingling as all my senses are so heightened because I was almost on the cusp of my orgasm and I knew those last few thrusts were going to bring the mirror above us raining down. I heard the last faint subtle crack of the edge of the mirror that was above my head and although I knew that there was a strong possibility that the bitch would come down, I didn’t need it to happen now of all times!
I watch through his eyes and I know he heard it too as his eyes dart up for a second and I can feel his lips lift in a shit eating grin as he watches. There is a fraction of a second I could have pulled her out but there was no guarantee that I could get her all the way out unscathed, so I did the only thing I could.

I covered her more shielding her body from the blow and the rain of glass as it slowly slips out of the frame. I don’t want to watch it from his point of view so I return to my own head and I look down at her. For her, I will take the brunt of the hit.

Damn that was heavier than I thought it would have been.  

The moment the large mirror dropped and made contact with a body that had the strength of marble, it shattered into thousands of tiny pieces and long deadly shards  that are now laying all around us.

My rage was all consuming as it crawled under my skin. My mind was wagering a war against those behind me. Could I end them like Caius if I let him out? Would I be fast enough? Could I risk it?

Fuck no! Nothing was worth the risk.

When the light came back on, the motherfucking breath is knocked right out of me. My mind was reeling with the danger behind me and my heart is swelling so fucking much and the flood of emotions became a volatile mixture that became so overwhelming it felt like my heart was going to explode right inside of my chest.

She was God damn fucking beautiful, her skin shimmered as if I had taken bags of the diamonds in the vault and poured them all over her. 



My very own sparkling little fallen Angel sent to me from heaven above lies under me with my cock buried up her ass while I have Satan’s spawn standing behind me to take her away from me.   

I was sure that by now my instinct to protect and defend her would have kicked in. I should have been up off her and facing them, but I couldn’t move. I could not look away from her.

She captivated every part of me. I felt myself falling yet again as if I was seeing her for the first time and everything was all new again.

I felt the cinch and the click rang out loudly in my head but I felt every bit of it in my heart.

I loved Isabella as a human but I had not realized that although she captivated me as a vampire, it wasn’t until this very moment that I fell head over heels all over again for my vampire Bella.

I was still buried deep inside of her and my instincts were working just as they should have. They didn’t let me down as I cover her body with my own to keep them from seeing any of her. Even if just for the moment, I was protecting her, even if it was just from their eyes.

I listen and watch in this unknown vampire’s mind as a sequence of the events that have been happening in Italy play out in his memories for me. He has been ordered to show me everything.  

I come to realize that Aro has been one-step ahead of me all along.

I could almost hear his voice in my own mind and the sound of his pawn sliding across this game that has been playing on for decades on our imaginary chess board. With that move I am not sure if it is him or I that can be held responsible for putting my lonely King in jeopardy. 

I can hear that weasels voice as if he were standing right here.

Check, my dearest Edward. 

I have never felt more vulnerable in all my life. I could feel the shift of what power and control I had over my life slip slowly away from me and I am going to have to decide if I will allow it to be taken by him!

These six large vampires have direct orders to kill her if I refuse to go with him. His thoughts show me Aro and Marcus standing there giving direct orders to have the two largest hold me down while the other four tear her apart. What sickens me more is the part where he commands them to bring her back with me in separate pieces to then use her against me for any defiance I show towards them in the future. Thankfully he left them with another option. I go without a struggle and willingly and Isabella gets to stay behind untouched.   

I am outnumbered and as much training as we have gone over with Bella, I still don’t know what gifts these bastards possess behind me and what she can and can’t control to shield either both of us or herself.

“Isabella? Angel baby are you okay?” I ask as I inspect her body knowing it was impossible for her to be cut by the glass but I still worried none the less.

Edward our flight to Italy leaves shortly. We don’t have all day. Say goodbye now or say goodbye to her in pieces forever. I have my orders.  

I wanted to rip his motherfucking head off for threatening my Isabella again! He would lose a limb at some point today at the very least, that was a given.

He allows me to see what he possesses as a gift. He imagines having to come back for her if I disobey any orders given by Aro. He is a tracker and he already has her scent in his memory and senses. I know now though that is not how they found me. I can smell my venom through their bodies although none of them smell as appealing as my beloved Isabella.  

I have been so fucking duped. He created an Army of vampires using my own fucking venom to gain an advantage over me.

Aro you crafty motherfucker. You are one conniving little weasel and definitely one I underestimated. 

Bella finally nods slightly and I knew that my fear for her safety now was radiating off me and affecting her. I couldn’t have prevented it because I am deathly afraid of losing her. It is the only thing in the world that scares me! Now I know that I am not the only one that knows this! Fucking Christ!!

Her beautiful milk chocolate eyes looked so fucking scared and if she knew what I was about to do, she would not let me move from this very spot and honestly I didn’t want to with everything I had in me. I was fighting to not let my beast out because I could not risk her being harmed because of my ill planned outrage.  

That nod is her signal to let me know she is okay and I know she is anything but okay. My baby is confused and she is scared, and I want to kill them for scaring her! Every last motherfucking one of them.

How could that fucker do this to her of all people!?

To us?

She had been so fucking full of piss and vinegar all day and she was so sassy and erotic with me since we entered the playroom today, so for her to not say something now only to nod spoke volumes.

I lean into her closer, my nose brushes up to hers and I put my lips right over her soft sensuous ones to breathe in her scent before I tell her the most important thing I need her to know.

I soften my tone, “I hope one day you will forgive me. I love you more than my own life.”

My heart feels like a piece of blown glass and Aro is holding a hammer and swings his arm back to deliver the final blow because he is making me do this, knowing exactly what he is doing and not caring one way or the other. He is most likely getting some sick perverse pleasure out of it.

I reach down and pull the blanket up and around her off the bed. I wrap her in it while I pull out of her hating with every thing that I have in me for being forced to leave the warmth of my girl. The bastards ruined the most intense orgasm she was in the middle of having and as sick as this is, I am elated at the fact that she at least got to experience that one more time. She was so aroused I could feel her love for me.

I am enraged but fighting everything in me as I step off the side of the bed to face them.

I don’t even care that I am naked, my anger over my lack of security knowing it was I that sent them all away in a hasty decison. I narrow my eyes at a large group of vampires that I know nothing about and the fact that I can’t hear five of them is maddening! None of them were on the list of Aro’s acquisitions from the intelligence we gathered.

Fuck Peter…what the hell happened? How did this slip by us?

 “Isabella baby, I want you to get up and go get dressed.” I don’t take my eyes off any one of them and they are pissing me off even more with the amused expressions they are sporting.

She stands up holding the blanket around her to keep her covered and her eyes dart from them back to me. She steps over the clothes I had strewn all over the floor in the frenzy of my need for her, walking to my dresser. I know she doesn’t have any clothes up here yet and she starts to move faster now as she reaches out yanking a handle off the damn drawer of the dresser that has my old jeans stored in it.

“Shit. Damn fucking vampire strength.” She curses and turns to dig her fingers in to get the drawer to open for her, but instead she yanks the wooden facing off the front of the drawer, still not able to get what she is after.

“Fuck me running, I swear to God I am so fucking cursed!” She huffs and is so dangerously focused on her task that it unnerves me she has her back to the threat in the room. She is still too fucking new!

Then out of nowhere, she steps to the side of the dresser reaching around to the back of the damn thing. I am in awe of the way her mind works. She is so damn stubborn and unwilling to give up as my entire dresser tilts forward and the drawers all slide out crashing onto the floor as she tips it.

My little problem solving girl.

I wonder what the fuck she is doing at first but her plan gets her what she needs and screw the catastrophe she left in her wake. Not that I ever doubted Peter when he said she was intelligent, but I still marvel at how smart Isabella is for one that is of such a young age.

Fuck she is only eighteen for Christ sakes and I watch this entire scene of her out of the corner of my eye never taking them off the deadly threat of the six vampire’s that are solely now focused on her rather quirky actions that any vampire would be fascinated by.

One of them starts to chuckle before the next one follows and in a fraction of a second, half of them burst out laughing at my Angel’s misfortune to handle that newborn strength and I realize she is struggling because she is nervous.

“Careful.” My tone is deep with a warning to them all.

I have to verbally warn them because she is a newborn. Her emotions are not very stable at the moment and she could lash out at any one of them for laughing at her. She turns quickly and I allow my eyes to leave those who are not paying me any mind anyway as the thought over the fact that she makes a rather odd vampire puzzles some them as it was written all over their faces.

I am so on the edge, but I look down at my Bella. I smile at my girl as she holds out a pair of my jeans standing in front of me blocking them from anymore of my nudity. I take them not bothering to take my eyes from hers as she looks up at me bashfully.

I simply cannot stop myself from bringing it to her attention again.

“Cue blush.” I murmur, knowing that she would be blushing like a strawberry at harvest time for her whole one-woman comedy show she just put on for our uninvited guests.

Could she be any more perfect?

She is too fucking adorable and I feel my heart start cracking in the middle of my chest.

I never believed I could feel such a strong emotion until I met her and those emotions damn near wrecked me. Now I know exactly what it means when one says that suffering through a broken heart is a horrific experience. And it is going to be because these son of a bitches that are leaving me no other choice, by fucking forcing me to leave her behind to keep her safe.

“Go Angel.” I order her again to go downstairs to get some clothes on as I pull my jeans up over my hips now. Isabella narrows her eyes at me and then looks over at them and I should have known that her volatile behavior would sneak out when we needed it the least.

With the blanket clutched in her tight little fist against her chest, she faces off with the biggest one out of all of them.

My baby may be scared but she is fucking strong and she will face any fear she has.

“Do you always go barging into people’s private residences and interrupt one really hot fucking awesome sex scene and ruin orgasms for some sadistic pleasure or something?
Who the fuck are you?”

None of them answers and I am glad for it.

She cocks her head to the side and when she realizes they won’t be answering her, she pushes a little further.

“Maybe we need to all go downstairs so I can teach you a lesson for a new course I am offering. It is called Everything you need to know about doorbells 101. That would be the little button that is so very strategically placed for even a fucking handicap vampire in a wheelchair to reach! You know where…that big huge door is you just fucking walked through uninvited? Well next to it is a little button that you push. Anyone care to come see how it works?”  

I pinch the bridge of my nose and know that I am going to miss her.

“Angel.” I whisper softly hoping it gets her focus back on me without upsetting her.

“I am going!” she growls and moves towards the door, then once I hear her close the bedroom door I move like lightning causing James to flinch as I am now in his face.

“Don’t you dare say a motherfucking word. I will go with you. Leave her alone.”

I spoke right into his ear so fast and low she would not be able to hear it. Her senses were still a little confusing for her, and she wouldn’t understand the speed at which we would speak because the words that came out would be jumbled together and confuse her even more. It would be a few years to come before she could master it. If there is one thing about being a vampire, with age comes even more heightened senses. She is still so fucking new that when she does come into her own, years down the road she will be a force to be reckoned with.

I never thought I would live to regret a thing I had ever done in my past. My arrogant attitude with my ability to feed my huge fucked up ego believed that I would never care about anyone more than myself. I have always loved my family and I would always take care of them and do anything for them. Aro tried to threaten me back then when he started the opening game of chess with me. He thought that threatening the lives of my father and my brother and Esme that he would use them if he needed to get me to forfeit and work under him. Over the years it was the middle of the game and he was losing bishops like Felix and Rooks like Caius and over time I was so fucking sure that I would win the endgame. That last time we had a confrontation he warned me but he also thought out loud as he made a strange observation.

You protect that Queen Edward even though you don’t know your doing it. I find it very interesting your Queen has no face.

At the time I had no idea what Aro was talking about.

 A queen without a face. He murmurs. Fascinating.

I positioned my pieces on the board of this ridiculous game we have been playing perfectly over the last several decades by acting as if that would never be the reason I caved to his demands. I had a perfect Rook in Peter, a knight in Emmett and Tyler was one of several pawns that were loyal and dependable.

I now stare into the eyes of James and know that this pathetic pawn before me is up for promotion.

What do you plan on telling her?   

I glare at him. The desire to wipe that fucking smirk off his face is gnawing away at my control. I am trying to think quickly and for once, I haven’t a fucking clue what to tell her.

I feel like I am so fucking out of the loop that I want to regroup and refocus. I never should have lost focus to begin with. I had this perfectly planned out. How the fuck could I fuck this up? I have never fucked up like this before! My mind is zinging at ninety miles an hour and I am standing still watching everyone go by.

May I suggest that we are old acquaintances and we need to settle some unfinished business?

I cock my head looking at him curiously wondering why he is so willing to help me lie to Isabella. I don’t trust the motherfucker but it doesn’t appear as though he is hiding anything. I search his thoughts and his objective is clear. To have me on that plane with him at any cost.

Fuck!

“Wait downstairs for me.” I demand. “It is the least you can all fucking do!”

They look at one another and nod walking out quickly.

I open the door to my room and she is re adjusting her ponytail. She smells like heaven and I rush to her hugging her to me, holding her.

“Baby, I need to go take care of some old business with James. I promise I will be back as soon as everything is taken care of and we can focus on getting ready for our trip.” I lie.

“Edward what the hell is going on!? Couldn’t they have called? Jesus a fucking phone call or hell a text message versus breaking and entering would have been nice!”

“I know Angel. I was always available to any of my investors before I met you and it seems I haven’t been keeping up with my end of the business negations I had agreed upon. That is my fault. Please forgive me, but I will handle this and then we can go back to where we were.”

“Edward you are holding on to me like you are never going to see me again.”

I curse under my breath. Fuck pull it together or she will know.

“I need to get dressed and get this over with. The faster I do this the faster I get back to you.”

“Does this have something to do with Aro?” she asks and I stiffen but I let her go quickly before she notices.

“Yes baby and I will always protect you from him.” I lie again and the damn lies keep coming out of me as they always have. If there is one thing a vampire can do and do it well it is to be able to lie.

They have to believe the lie.

Lying to Isabella should not be this easy but I swear on my life if I have to lie to keep her safe then I will.

I move to the closet dressing the part of an executive, grab a black suit, and a silk tie and move quickly to get dressed. She watches me curiously and I try to smile and ease her concerns as I stand in the mirror and begin to tie the tie.

She steps up behind me and reaches around to do it for me and I stare at her stunned.

“How do you know how to do this?” I ask.

I watch her as she thinks for a moment and then she says, “Phil.”

Our eyes meet in the reflection of the mirror and it suddenly comes to me from long ago.

Aro’s words.

You protect that Queen Edward even though you don’t know your doing it. I find it very  interesting your Queen has no face.

My eyes look down at her fingers as she ties my tie and I turn to her and do what I have to do and I do it fast because if I don’t it will end badly.

“I love you Angel I will be back soon.” I give her a quick kiss on the forehead, inhale as discreetly as possible and hold in my sob as I turn and leave her standing there rushing down the stairs and out the door and out of her life.

S*h*h*h*h*h*…..

When most of the pieces are gone, Kings typically take a more active part in the struggle and sacrifices must be considered.

This is my sacrifice as I walk down the long dank corridor that reeks of human waste and putrid smells before going through grates that slide up under dungeon built walls underneath this city. I want to vomit but I barely fed from Isabella before I left so there was nothing there to expel.

I enter the more presentable wooden door throwing them open with all my strength as they crash loudly against the walls. All six of my personal escorts are on my heels of course, and my temper is balancing on a tightrope as James smirks over at me in his celebrated victory of placing a check on this King.

She is worth it and I will forfeit this game so long as my Bella is kept out of playing then it is a sacrifice I don’t think twice about.

“Ahh, Edward my dearest. I am so glad you could join us.”

“Cut the shit Aro you win. I forfeit.”

His wicked devious red glowing eyes gleam in victory and his hands clasp together on his knee now as he crosses his legs.

“Pity, I was just beginning to enjoy the challenge.”

His mind is totally blank.

Fucker.

“There never was one obviously, what do you expect from me?” I glower at him and the hate is seething out of me.

“Eternal servitude young one. You will sit by my side clue me in to every thought around me and watch and learn from a real Master as I maneuver the pieces of the next game.
You do know of which game I am speaking of Edward.”

He wants to rule the world. Idiot.

I roll my eyes.

I cannot believe that I did it and a smile slips out as my lips lift slightly and I am reminded of her.



I look down for a moment to take in the beauty of her face in my memory and even though it hasn’t been more than twenty four hours since I was buried inside of her, I miss her so fucking much and my heartbreak is only beginning.


Aro startled me as his hand brushes over my cheek to steal my thoughts and memories away from me.

Fucking vampires lately are giving me whiplash. She distracts me so completely! 

Fuck!

His voice is soft and he marvels now at what he sees.

“Well, well....she does have a face.” I can even hear the awe in his tone as he reads my thoughts with that one touch.

I cannot help but smile even in this fucked up situation I have put myself in and I nod once and reply.

“She had one the whole time Aro. She just wasn’t born yet.”

©Robshandmonkey~

I loved writing this chapter. Do I know how to play chess? FUCK NO BUT I TRIED TO LEARN and let me tell you its hard!
Muah!
I am already half way into the next chapter and I got my mojo back after nine hours of Rob movies one right after the other, popcorn, coca cola loaded with sugar and a sexy quirky Art, a dashing Toby smoking a cigarette like a motherfucking porn star, and a Tyler lust filled scene all got me past my funk!
Ever see the movie Wargames?
All the time I was writing this…I kept hearing that creepy voice say…
“How about a nice game of chess?”
Just thought I would share that with you! lol

5 comments:

  1. OMG! So good, but so sad. What are they going to do? Edward, Bella, Emmet and Rose. My mind is reeling with possibilities. I can't wait to see what happens. Thanks for the quick update, and I can't wait for the next especially since I know it is half way done. Unbelieveable! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I'm fuckin scared right now. Thanks for updating so fast...I was shocked when I saw the new chapter. So they have Rose and Edward..so that means Bella and Emmett have to save the day...yup hurry up guys
    alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edward needs to get his act together and figure out a plan so that he can save his own life and get back to Bella!!!!!!!!!! (and save Rose)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG amazing chapter. I'm all worried for Edward and Bella now.. I wonder who or what will save them ...if they are going to be saved that is.. Oh I can't wait for the next chapter. Thanks for updating so quickly too!

    much love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...I really need to know if there is going to be a HEA?

    ReplyDelete