Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Chapter 49 Getting into mischief….who knew?


Shhhhh…..

Chapter 49

Getting into mischief….who knew?

Bella’s POV


It had been three days since I last talked to Edward. I knew they were on their way to Africa, before coming back to the states. I had done everything that there is possible to do on this ranch. I explored the grounds, took care of the horses, waded in the creek out front, caught fireflies at night to put them in Edward’s room to keep me company until he returned. I would let them go every morning first thing. I spent time with his family, have to know Charlotte and Jasper a little better. Rosalie and I had spent some time playing video games, reading, baking what we could with the little ingredients there were here to bake with. I had been horseback riding with Embry. Then Edward cuts me off from that!

I almost went to Sam’s place to see if anything needing caring for but I once I found out he had died I didn’t want to intrude. I felt bad for poor Quil. In a way, he just lost his Master and that saddened me.

Last night Rosalie and I had a really intense discussion about what it means to be in love with who we are in love with. The conversation got pretty intense and when I asked her if she planned to allow Emmett to turn her into what he was, the look in her shocked me a little. She was literally surprised by the option I had given her. I didn’t tell her anything that Edward had already mentioned. We argued for two hours of the fact that I had already made up my mind to become a vampire.

Apparently, Rosalie thought she was going to go on living human until she died. I then informed her that Emmett would still look the same as she ages. How would she be able to have sex with him when she is fifty years old and he still looks so young? Our conversation only flustered her and she stormed off to her room to be alone and to think in a hot tub.

I was bored to fucking death by now. Embry had been replaced by Seth and although I suspected the reason for that was because Edward was upset that I was talking to and hanging around Embry while he was away was the cause I didn’t accuse him of it the next time we spoke.

At first, I thought his actions screamed he had insecurity issues, but then I realized, this wasn’t about that. Edward was the least insecure person I knew. This was his testosterone or whatever hormones vampire’s posses had him going all caveman and marking his territory. It had to be a mate thing of that I was sure.

I simply ran out of stuff to do around the ranch. All the vamps had apparently gone out for a hunt, I saw Seth out by the creek patrolling along the front, and I could hear the water running now in the house assuming Rosalie was now tucking herself in for a long soak in a hot tub.

I scanned the shelves of books in Edward’s office and I was plain and simply tired of even reading which is odd because I love to read. I threw myself down at his desk log onto his desktop computer check my email that of which all I have are ads for Amazon. They are probably wondering what in the hell happened to my weekly purchase of any latest new books that have gone unordered. I have a couple of spam emails both of which I delete. I troll you tube for a while watch a few stupid videos and then give up and shut down the computer and sit back in Edward’s chair.

The memory of Edward’s note plays in my head and I slid the desk drawer open to find the perfectly placed golden key that is lying in the top drawer exactly where he said it would be. 



I turn it over and over in my hand, and then I being to wonder if the items that Edward said he would put down there for me would spoil. If so, they must have done so by now and all I can imagine is Edward freaking out over the fact something went bad in his home and his sensitive little nose picking up the minute he gets home, therefore I decide to go down and check.

I make my way to the door that leads down to the basement. I sort of laugh after I have utilized the key and walk down the stairs into the basement to find the most sterile room I have ever seen. It was pristine and cleaner than any basement should be. It did not even feel like a basement. I remember Edward said something about a code and I see the keypad on the wall next to a door. I enter be safe and I jump when the door at the top of the stairs slams shut. Then the door I am standing in front of without any handles slides up and open. I step inside of another room that is larger than the first, and has an opening to a long tunnel or corridor. This is when I saw all the supplies that Edward had said he would put in here. I began to wonder what in the hell was down that long corridor so I started to walk along it making my way down. It had to be at least the length of a football field away if not more by the time I reached a dead end. I stare at a keypad and figure I may as well try the password again and see if it opens the door down the hall.

I type in be safe and there was a thundering vibration that rumbled through the floor causing me to scream out when the entire concrete wall slid back. I watch as light upon light in the next room lit in succession and gape at what the hell I have stumbled upon.

I walk in gaping as I look around and cannot believe my eyes. It was as if I had stumbled into some secret cavern with a hidden treasure that the Savvy Jack Sparrow would most definitely have a fucking orgasm over.
The first thing I notice is the stacks of gold bars on pallets. 



The quantity of these bars is incredible. I count at least half a dozen pallets stacked just waist high. I walk over and let my finger slide across the golden finish. It is not even dusty and I shake my head amazed at his housekeeping skills.


Well Bella you wondered where he got all his money. He is a treasure hunter!
I laugh to myself.

I move along and next to the golden bars is even more bars only these were silver.



There are glass cases with items displayed inside like jeweled goblets, golden crowns, tiara’s and various pieces of pottery and fancy china. 




I walk over to a chest and pull open the door to find drawers and as I pull one out, I gasp at the sight of the sparkling loose diamonds in each drawer. 



Some had gems like rubies and pearls. Others had golden coins with unfamiliar printing on them. 
I close it up quickly knowing this is none of my business and continue walking until I see a crate type design that holds various sized pieces of art stacked against one another. They were each sealed in some protective film and I did not dare touch any for fear that I would damage them.

Some of this stuff seriously looked like it belonged in some of the world’s most famous museums. I move along and cock my head sideways to look at the strange furniture that sat along one wall. It was the most bizarre furniture I had ever seen.


 

I finally decided I needed to get the hell out of here when suddenly the door to the room rumbled shut and I did not make it back in time before it locked me in.

I panic and realize there is no key pad where that door was just opened. I start frantically searching and now I am freaking the hell out because just as each light had come on they began to shut off slowly dimming down one at a time. I didn’t have long before I was sure to be in total darkness.

To no avail, I couldn’t find it as the last light started to dim and I now realized that no one knew where I was. Tears sprung in my eyes as reality set in that I was now stuck here in this room, the supplies on the other side of that wall and no one aware I had come down here.

Then I stood here frightened to fucking death as the last of the light dimmed.

All I could hear was my own whimper as I sunk down to the cold floor and wrapped my arms around my legs and began to cry. 



© Robshandmonkey ~ 

a/n I know its short but the next one will be longer...I promise and it is better than waiting right? 
You know Edward is going to flip his shit when he figures out she is the one responsible don't you? hahahaha.....Oh baby bring on the punishment for this one!! *gigglesnorts*

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh god she's seriously so stupid and terrible at obeying or at least listening to someone (now i felt like a internet troll but well... that's what i think)

    ReplyDelete