Monday, August 8, 2011

Chapter 47 Abandoned

Shhhhh…..

Chapter 47

Abandoned

Bella’s POV
 


“Good Morning.”

“What time is it?”

“It’s noon sleepy head wake the hell up.”

“Rosalie what are you doing in here?” I rub my eyes and roll over.

I find I am now in Edward’s bed, but Edward was not here. Instead, I am looking at Rosalie and she is sitting on his side of the bed, her feet crossed at her ankles, flipping through a magazine.

“Edward is going to kill you.” I murmur and hate that I don’t feel him near me. That familiar sensation he leaves on my skin when he is near is oddly totally absent.

She looks at me out of the corner of her eye, sighs, and says, “Yeah…about that.”

I turn on my side to face her completely now. “About what?”

“Listen Bella, before you get too upset about what I am going to tell you, I think I may very well shock the hell out of you with whose side I am on.”

“What the hell are you talking about?”

“Yeah, see Edward gave me this to give to you and he genuinely hoped that you would not be too angry at him, although he never said it outright, he kept murmuring louder than he realized… ‘she is going to hate me’.”

She shoves an envelope with familiar elegant writing on the face of it, my name in a black calligraphic style font a stark contrast to the ivory stationary. I sit up and rub my eyes taken notice that at some point during the night, not only did I end up down on the second floor in his bed, but he even dressed me in one of his t-shirts. How in the hell does he manages to do all this and I can sleep through all of it…I have no idea. It makes no sense because I never thought I was a light sleeper before.

I tear open the envelope and pull out the handwritten note.

Isabella,
I know when you read this you will be angry with me for not telling you I was going with the men. I am sorry baby but I had to go and to say good-bye like that would be so fucking hard. It is better this way. Alice, Emmett, and I could be of great advantage to the army. We have over 26 countries to travel to around the globe. I do not know when I will get a chance to call but I will when it is possible. Please keep your phone charged and on so I can contact you. I am going to miss you so fucking much.
Isabella…please don't hate me for doing this. I had to…and whatever you do…don't leave me when I am gone…because…I swear baby…I will come find you.
You are mine. You remember that! Jasper, Ben, Carlisle and my moms as well as Charlotte will be here with Embry to protect you in my absence. Please listen to them. They will keep you and Rosalie safe.
Sam is with me also. I would appreciate it if you took care of Sapphire for me and Sam's horse Quil as well.
God I didn't think this would be so hard leaving but I have to end this before it begins love.
Do me a favor Angel…every night at nine eighteen think about me just as I will think about you?
I have my reason for choosing that time.
You are my life, my love, and my soul Angel.
Angelo Ti amo so fucking much!
~ Edward
Note: there is a key to the basement I will leave it in my top office desk…if something happens and you need to fucking hide for whatever reason, take this key and press in the code on the keypad once you are inside and the door is shut. Do not be frightened because no one knows where the ranch is. You are safe here.
When that second door opens, you have five minutes to be inside and it will seal anyone out. I will put some items in there but I doubt you will need it baby.
You have your own protection. I will keep you safe even if I cannot be here.
Code word
~Be safe~

The lump in my throat does not compare to the absence of him or the hole in my chest.

“He is gone?” I look at Rosalie almost in a panic and she nods watching me cautiously.

“Emmett and Alice left also?”

“Yes. Most all of them are gone.”

“I didn’t get to say goodbye?” I mutter as the tear slips down my cheek.

“Bella, he told me it isn’t that he didn’t think you could handle it. In fact, he thought you could handle him leaving fine. He kept telling me that you are strong and you would be okay. It wasn’t until later that I realized he is the one that couldn’t do it.”

“What?” I stare at her stunned.

“Emmett woke me up and hour before he was leaving and explained everything, so when I walk him downstairs, that is when I saw Edward. He was standing at the bottom of the stairs looking up and he was struggling with something. At first, I did not know what was up. He apparently had been having a hard time just getting up the nerve to walk out the front door. I asked what the fuck was up and that is when he told me he did not tell you he was going and he was not going to wake you up. I flipped out and I am surprised you didn’t wake up—you sleep unusually hard do you realize that—anyway, I jumped his shit about it. He listened to me rant on and on and I heard him mutter that if he had to look at you and walk away there was no way he could do it. It had to be this way, it was the only way. He gave me the note and asked me to give it to you.”

“Rose…why didn’t you come tell me as soon as you found out?”

“Listen Bella, I don’t like a lot of the bullshit he pulls with you, and yeah he can be an arrogant ass, but Bella, if you had seen him like I had, you would have done the same thing for Emmett if it was him. He really was torn up about it. He was practically pulling his hair out, and I watched as it took Emmett, Sam, and Peter to get him to finally get in the car. They just kept telling him how much he was needed and that the faster they did this, the faster he could get back to you. As much as Edward Cullen pisses me the fuck off, for the first time I saw how absolutely vulnerable he can be when it comes to you. He really does love you. So try not to be too angry with him. I mean yeah you have every right to be, but either way you didn’t have to see him like that, and I am glad. It would have only torn you up just as much. You obviously are flipping head over heels in love with the guy and now I get it…now that I know what it is to love someone without understanding why you do…you just know that you do.”

I snorted out a laugh.

“Are you shitting me? Rosalie Hale has a soft spot for Edward Cullen’s feelings all of a sudden?”

“You know…Emmett is gone too. He begged me to stay here with you, to not to go back to Chicago till this is all over with, and I don’t know what is going to happen Bella, but I am scared for them. I mean I have cases that are pending, but for some reason they don’t fucking matter to me right now. This is serious shit we are talking about. I mean fuck can you imagine if Aro actually thinks that he can pull this off and what it will do to the world to suddenly learn there are vampires among us? Do you have faith in humans enough to know they won’t freak the fuck out over this, because I certainly don’t.”

“You love him?” I smile at her while she looks down at her lap and nods.

“I do. I already told you…he is the one. I knew it then.” A small smile lifts her a little on her lips.

“And his being a vampire doesn’t freak you the hell out?”

“It scared the shit out of me are you kidding? I don’t get scared Bella you know that. I mean he is a blood drinker for Christ’s sakes. How the fuck did we manage to go from two Arizona girls that spent weekends at the ball field ogling ball players to two women living in Chicago falling for Vampires?”

I laugh. “I know right.”

Rosalie laughs lightly but she looks just as worried as I now feel.

“So have you guys you know…been together?”

Still looking down and not looking at anything, she smiles to herself, “No. I just barely kissed him for the first time before he headed downstairs. He is so fucking strong and that man can fucking kiss. Even if it isn’t warm…it gives me goose bumps for more reasons other than the fact that he is ice cold.” She laughs.

I find that her relationship with him is moving unusually slow, for Rosalie so maybe just maybe he is her mate. If it were any other guy, she would have fucked him and sent him on his way. I also notice that she is sort of glowing a little. Her eyes are sparkling and she looks a cross between worried and happy. I wondered if that is what I looked like once I realized I loved Edward and the thought of him brought the sadness of him not being here.

“Did he say anything else before he left? Like when I could call?”

“He is in the air now. You can’t call while he is flying.” She shrugged. “Emmett said he would call when they landed.”

I smile at her, muttering out “Bet me.” I jump out of bed, grab my cell phone scrolling for his name, press send while the little diamonds on the phone wink at me in the sunlight shining through the window.

“Bella you can’t call him, they are flying.”

I snorted out a laugh, “His plane, his rules.” I grinned remembering him saying that not so long ago. Rosalie’s mouth is hanging open in surprise and I giggle when I hear the phone click on the other end. I hear his voice and my heart begins to ache terribly because it is nowhere near me now, on a plane to another country.

“Hi baby…you are up?”

“Yeah, how did you know I was still asleep and you get to say goodbye while I sleep but I don’t get the chance too? Is that really fair Edward?”

I hear him sigh, “I thought you were in a better mood, I mean when you answered you were just laughing yet you can still be angry with me.”

“Edward it would have been nice to of known. I mean…fuck…I don’t get to kiss you and hug you and say what I would have said if you were here, but I understand and I am scared. Please tell me that you will be safe.”

“I am a vampire Isabella. We have a tendency to be a little sturdier than humans.” He chuckles and I imagine the sparkle in his eye when he talks about his abilities. It is funny when I see him sometimes as he reveals things about his kind. He is almost proud but at the same time he is ashamed if that is possible. I guess I could see it.

“Please be careful.” I whisper.

“You know when I am away from you; Alice sees my future just fine. However when it involves you, I disappear from her visions altogether, she doesn’t see anything bad happening if that helps ease your worries at all.”

“Good. So how often will I get to hear from you, but more importantly how long will you be gone for?”

“I don’t know Angel, we will have to see how this all goes. I am sure after the first few countries are conquered we will have a better idea of what is going on. I promise love, I will call as often as I can. Just please promise me that you will not leave the ranch at all. I have a couple of deliveries scheduled to bring some essentials in the next couple of days, so there is no reason to really leave. You are safe there. Trust me on this.”

“Okay.”

“Baby, I need to go, Tyler is about to brief us on our first mission.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“Goodbye Edward.”

“Bye Angel.” He sounded so sad all of a sudden and if his sounding sad was any indication for how sad I felt, then I knew exactly how he felt. This separation was going to be so hard. I hung up, but not before the tears welled up in my eyes, I broke down crying. Rosalie hugs me and calms me down some, but I was really scared for all of them. What if they failed? What if something went horribly wrong? What if the Volturi family was successful in their plans to take over humanity as ridiculous as that sounded…the threat was very real and obviously in Edward’s eyes quite possible other wise he would not go to any of the lengths that he had to stop Aro.

“Get dressed and I will make you brunch.” Rosalie offers.

I was actually a little relieved that she was going through this too; she and I could probably help each other pass the time.

“So you aren’t going back to Chicago?” I ask.

“Bella…I work at an office with the Volturi name in it. Do you think I can pull off keeping this to myself while I worry for Emmett, so the answer is no. I have taken a leave stating that my reason is for grievance reasons. No one needs to know anything other than I am a girl that lost her daddy even if he was not the best damn father. I didn’t let out any family secrets that our relationship was strained. We always played the part in the public eye.”

“I am glad you are staying here.” I stand up and stretch heading for the bathroom. I shower and walk to the closet wondering if there is anything in there for me to wear.
Why am I always surprised when I find that Edward has provided for me? I mean really does he have some sort of supply Bella fairy or something? I giggle when I look at the closet and the precicely placed hangers that hang each item exactly what I would swear is one inch apart from the next hanger. 



I see a built in computer screen with a post it note attached and that same writing.

Angel,
Touch screen daily. I already preplanned your wardrobe for the next several weeks.
The computer will tell you its location in the closet.
Do not disappoint your Master love.

I press my finger to the screen and a welcome screen pops up that says, Angel’s wardrobe for her Master. I giggle. He is insane!
A fancy scroll fills the screen and then pops up saying “Today’s selection is weather appropriate as well as modest for the protection of everything I hold sacred in my absence.”
A pair of tan walking shorts, that are longer than any of the others he has had me wear, pop up with floral printed spaghetti strap blouse that was made of a light comfortable cotton. It then highlights each area of the closet for all the things to wear on this day will be located. Even my fucking underwear! I laugh shaking my head and get dressed quickly.   

When I walk into the kitchen, Carlisle and Elizabeth are sitting in front of each other and oddly just gazing into one another’s eyes. It was as if they are lost in one another and I would swear I could literally see how much in love they are. It was sweet. Edward’s mother was beautiful and Carlisle was fucking gorgeous. They made a perfect couple, one you would find in any sexy romantic get away ad in a magazine or a married couple on the front of Bride.

“Good Morning Isabella.” Carlisle looks past her and at me.

“Good Afternoon.” I laugh.

“So it is noon.” Carlisle laughs with me, his blue eyes sparkle.

Elizabeth turns to look at me and I can see the sadness in her eyes behind her happiness as she looks down and then back at me again. I feel a little uncomfortable by her first statement to me.

“He didn’t want to leave you.”

I nod. “I didn’t want him to leave.” I gave her an attempt at a smile and I sat down at the bar as Rosalie finished up with plating our breakfast. No one really spoke for a while, the sounds of the forks could be heard clanking, sort of grating on my nerves. Then I realize that I had not fed the horses as Edward had asked in his note. It had been a while since I had been around one. “Shit I think I am supposed to feed the horses.”

Rosalie replied, “Sam did it before they left. He left the schedule up on the fridge and he also warned me that none of you vamps are to go anywhere near them while Isabella is caring for them.” She looked at Carlisle when she said it.

I hear Carlisle chuckle.

“Trust me; I have no desire to be around one.” He smiles sheepishly.

“Why not?” I ask.

“We scare them sweetheart. We are a predator. They sense that and know danger is near. I have no desire to frighten the poor majestic creatures.”

“Majestic?” my brows rises in curiosity at his choice of word.

“I believe that there are few things in this world that carry such a title.” He grins.

“Really, what are they?” I ask curiously. I have never spent time with Edward’s family and I find that this is the perfect time to get to know them. I plan to take full advantage of that fact.

“Horses, unique places like the tropical rain forest, The giant Redwoods, The Sequoias, dragonflies, people that take jobs to help others like firemen, police, and of course my sons. However, my list has grown with a few new additions; I have recently added a few females to that list.” He winks at me and I feel my face heat up.

Rosalie throws her head back, laughs, and says, “Boy you sure are working those charm skills you are throwing out there Daddy C.”

I gape at her. “Rosalie!”

“What?” she looks at me puzzled.

“You call him Daddy C?” I ask leaving my mouth hanging open still stunned.

“Well duh…I have been around him a lot more than you have, you little deviant sex fiend.” She smirks and I want to die. Literally die. I should have known better. This coming from Rosalie who didn’t care what she said or whom she said it in front of. I should have fucking known better! Ugh!

“ROSALIE!” I glare at her.

“Oh please…you don’t think they hear you up there with your control freak of a boyfriend? You do realize they come with super powers, don’t you?” she laughs and takes a bite of bacon chewing and smirking.

My face could not be any redder without suffocating me with all the blood rushing to my head. I hear Edward’s mother giggle and Carlisle laugh, but I cannot look at them.

“Oh God.” I put my hands over my face and am completely mortified. That is when Jasper enters the room and says, “Superpowers? Did someone say they needed a gifted one? Well here I am.” He smirks and I shake my head.

“I don’t think emo vamp qualifies as a super power.” Carlisle states smirking at Jasper. I snorted out a laugh at Jasper’s expression as it morphs from a grin to a look of feigned horror or shock.

“Is that so?” He narrows his eyes at Carlisle and I watch him curiously. Carlisle is now wearing the saddest frown I have ever seen and Rosalie throws her head back laughing.

“There ya go, suck on that emotion Dr. C.” He snickers and Carlisle finally snaps out of it and then chuckles.

“Touché.” Carlisle glowers now at Jasper and I smile sadly when a pang of the thought of Edward and how much I miss him hits me from just being around his family. This may be harder than I think it will be.

“Isabella you really need to tame down that emotion you are carrying.” He gives me a sad smile.

“What emotion?”

“Your heartache sweetheart.” Jasper softly smiles. “I can feel it and that shit is going to depress the fuck out of me so please have mercy on me.”

“I miss him.” I push food around on my plate no longer hungry any longer.

“He has only been gone less than a day.” He laughs.

“I know.” I mutter. It has already been a long day and it is not even two yet.

“I will miss Alice too but she will be back. She has seen it so I am not too worried.”

“Liar.” Carlisle smirks.

“Touché” he chuckles.

“Well there is plenty around here to keep you busy.” Rosalie says. “By the way, I sort of noticed that everything in this house is so fucking neat. I mean check this shit out!” Rosalie opens the cabinet and points to the pattern dishes. “Every fucking flower on that plate is matched in the same location as the other one. I mean seriously? This place is Edwards and he is this freaking neat?”

Jasper, Carlisle and Elizabeth all bust up laughing.

“I think Edward may have a touch of OCD.” I shrug telling Rosalie.

“No shit? Wow, that makes so much sense! No wonder he is so anal about his cars!”

I laugh.

“You have no idea how anal he can be seriously…I have lived with that boy and trust me it isn’t easy when he is so hell bent on being fucking perfect. God forbid you leave a pair of shoes lying around.” Carlisle laughs. “We have argued about that more over our life time than I care to remember.”

“He was that way when he was a child also. Edward was not your typical kid. I know he was an only child and I always wondered if maybe that had a little something to do with it not having siblings around.”

“Wait…I am an only child and I am not OCD.” I argue.

“Well, then I guess it is just because Edward was just different than the other kids in the neighborhood. He was so independent; he would have a fit if any of his friends left a thing out of place when they visited. Some things were not to be touched and there were times when he would tell his friends that he did not need them to be around him at all. I know my son and he was determined to do what he wanted no matter what anyone said or did. Stubborn like his father but he was perfectly fine with being alone at times and I felt it was odd. He wasn’t really a loner completely mind you, but there are times that he preferred keeping to himself.”

“Can I ask you something?” I look at her hopeful that she will tell me about him.

“Certainly, if I can sweetheart.” She smiles.

“When he was human what was his favorite food?”

She laughs and says, “Ironically, he had a sweet tooth for ice cream.”  

I shook my head laughing at the thought.

“Was he good in school?”

“Yes. He is very smart always had stellar grades.”

“What did he like to do?”

She acts as if she is remembering, “He liked to read, take walks at night and stare at the stars,” she looks sad for a moment as a memory comes back to her, “Edward and his father were not as close as they should have been. Edward Senior worked a lot and he tried to make sure everything was provided for Edward, however, the times I saw him smile the most was when I could get those two and a certain baseball together and they could play catch for hours.”

“That’s so sweet.” I mused.

“Edward told me that your human memories fade over time, but you still remember all this?” I ask.

She looks sad and gives me a soft smile. I see Carlisle reach out to her and brush the back of his hand over her cheek.

“After I was changed and alone…all I had were my memories and that is all I thought about. I struggle sometimes with certain things. Things that should be there but just are too faded to see clearly. I thought of Edward a lot after and each memory of my son I never wanted to forget. I had a long time Isabella to transfer those human memories to my vampire ones, once I chose to do so.”

“Wow. So I know why you call him copper top but when is the first time you called him that?”

She smiled brightly. “The day he was born. His hair was beautiful when he was a boy but it always had a mind of its own. I fought with that hair for years.” She laughs. “It never obeyed not even for church.”

I smile.

“And I am not at all surprised it is still the same, but quite happy that he is the one that struggles with it now.” She laughs.

“I bet it was awful thinking that he had been taken by the flu.” I regret saying it the minute it came out. It just rather slipped.

“Yes.” She ended that part of the conversation quickly.

“So Miss Isabella may I ask you a few questions as well?” she smiles.

“Certainly.” I bite my lip a little worried now. What could she possibly want to know about me?

“As shocking as it was to learn, I know what my son’s lifestyle choices are now, and although I am still puzzled by it, I am curious if your parent’s know about your choice.”

My smile drops and so do my eyes. I didn’t expect her to bring up my parents, let alone the question of what they would think of my choices.

“Bella lost her parents in a plane crash when she was sixteen.” Rosalie spoke up bailing me out and I could hear the slight anger in her response. She was defending me.  

“Oh…dear I am so sorry Isabella.”

“Thank you but you couldn’t have known. Well of course, if Edward had told you but I know you have not spent much time with him. I am sorry about that.” I find myself apologizing for taking him away from her.

“No apologies needed. I have plenty of time to reconnect with my son. Besides, I have been pretty preoccupied myself.” She smirks up at Carlisle and he laughs and presses his lips to her ear and murmurs something. Watching them together makes my heart swell, but then it brings on an ache and longing for Edward. God I am a fucking mess already. How am I going to get through this?

I was no longer up for any more twenty-one questions and I moved over to the fridge, checked the feeding schedule of the horses, and excused myself to go and take care of them. I left Rosalie in the house doing dishes while I walked out to find both of them in the pen. They were grazing the field of one of the pens. Sapphire was a beautiful black horse that had a flowing mane of long hair, his tail just as full as his mane. He was beautiful and so unique. Quil, Sam’s horse was a mustang obviously with a beautiful dark brown to black coat. 



Just as I was about to open the fence and walk in, I heard someone behind me and screamed out a little yelp when I turned to protect myself.

“Sorry Miss Swan.” Embry stood there looking rather nervous and I almost felt bad for being so mean to him. I really had been a bitch lately, especially to him.

“It’s alright you just sort of snuck up on me.” I gave him a soft smile.

“Is everything all right?” He asks.

“Just came to check on the horses.”

“Well I would prefer it if you had someone with you when you came out here.”

“Listen Embry I am big girl I can take care of myself, and for obvious reasons most of those in the house can’t go with me.” I try not to sound sarcastic but I cannot help it. Something about him annoys me.

His eyes dart out towards the woods. “Not out here you can’t. Listen Miss Swan I don’t mean to startle you but turn and look over your left shoulder up at the massive tree out in the far distance on the right. Do you see him? Wait and watch.”

I look out to where he points and then I see it. A wave of a tail caught my eye, and I gasp.

“Is that a mountain lion?”

“Yes I do believe so and the horses are already starting to get nervous. I think maybe we should house them in the barn for now, where they will be out of danger.”

“I think you are right.” I push the gate open and make my way over to Sapphire talking softly to him. He looks at me and starts to walk towards me. I think he likes me. Embry looks over at me and says, “I don’t know much about horses. I know I probably should but what the hell do I do?”
I scoff at him. “First put the flamethrower down, and then take hold of his reins. He will follow. His name is Quil and just talk to him calmly.”
He eyes me and then shrugs off the flamethrower putting it next to the fence and walks towards Quil.
Quil seemed quite calm. After we lead the horses in and set them up with fresh hay and water, I head for the house again while Embry goes to get his weapon of mass destruction for all vampires. I giggle to myself and then my thoughts go to Edward again. I sigh.  

It was only a little after five in the early evening and I wondered where he was and what he was doing. I found myself sitting in the window in Edward's bedroom.



How was I ever going to get through the long days ahead?



S*h*h*h*h*h*…..

Edward’s POV


“The first rule that everyone needs to know is that this has to be timed perfectly. If we fuck this up and they get a chance to alert any outsiders we are fucked. We have to time this shit perfectly. We need to get in, slaughter the damn bastards torch the place and get out.”

I could hear Tyler’s words but they were more of a hum in my ear. What was she doing now? Who was with her? Where is she at? I keep turning my phone over in the palm of my hand contemplating calling her back even though I had just hung up.

“Relax Edward. She is taking care of the horses. She isn’t near her phone.” Alice says and I turn to look at her.

“How the fuck do you know that?”

She shrugs and says, “I don’t know really. I just see her pulling the horses into the barn, but that is all.”

“What the hell Alice, you don’t get visions of her then you do then you don’t again?”

I did not realize that everyone is now looking at us and we are not even talking about the invasion.

Tyler clears his throat and I glance over at him. “You know Edward…you don’t have to be here. We can do this on our own.” He offers up and I hear his thoughts and they piss me off.

If you miss her too much and cant handle being without her maybe you should go home to her.

It wasn’t what he thought so much as the tone of the way his thoughts came across. Was he fucking making fun of me for caring about her? I glare at him and stand up, walk around to his side of the table and stand behind him. I make him nervous. Tyler is the kind of guy who is all gung ho on military bullshit but he is also a smartass. He knows his shit but if you are a smart ass that has a tendency to grate on my fucking nerves more than anything. Even if Einstein was a smart ass the fucker would still get under my skin no matter how smart he was. I lean over his shoulder, place my palm on the table pushing my body between his and Peter’s and turn to look at him. I am so close can smell the fear flood his bloodstream in waves. I watch his pulse quicken and his throat swallow. I am making him nervous now. His heart rate is up.

“I am sorry Tyler you were saying?” I cock my head and wait for him to continue.

His eyes dart around to those around us and I hear Emmett chuckle, his thoughts invading my head.

Fuck Edward leave the poor guy alone…his fear is permeating the air around us in this tiny little vessel, and its recirculation is going to kill me here! Knock that shit off little bro…

“Actually we are done here for now I guess.” Tyler grabs up some papers and starts to straighten them out.

That’s right motherfucker. Know your place.

I clap him on the back harder than I should have and say, “Thought so.” As I turn and head for the front of the plane and throw myself down in the seat and look out the window. I close my eyes and remember her lying there naked and sleeping in my bed. My heart aches and I want to throw something or break something or kill something.

I storm up to the cockpit and snap at the pilot, “What time do we land?”

“Another hour Mr. Cullen.” I sigh, walk back to sit down and find myself running my fingers through my hair.

I am beyond pissed off now and anger is taking over my senses.

I want to fucking kill someone and that someone is a God damn motherfucking black longhaired hippie vamp that is interfering in my life. Disrupting my plans and causing me to feel things that I do not fucking like.

Aro Volturi will be the last to fall, and that motherfucker is all mine when it is his time.

The beast in me smiles wickedly and salivates at the mouth, his eyes glowing red for I know before I take that man down, the beast in me wants a human kill to feed from before we do it. Human blood takes us back to who we truly are, making us far stronger than if we were to feed on just animal blood. I have already considered this and as much as I don’t want to do it, if someone has to die it will be someone worthy of that kind of death. I hope I can control that when the time comes but what worries me more is the fact that with human blood in my system and the high he will get off the killing, the first thing I want to do is get back to her. I pinch the bridge of my nose and try to push that thought out of my head now. That is far off from now. I need to focus on now and am happy when I hear the pilot announce our arrival in Canada.

As soon as I step off the plane I look around the tiny little airport and cannot help but think of her again. I shake my head, my hands fist tightly and I growl.

I hear Emmett come bounding down the steps like the giant oaf he is, all bouncing around and he mutters punching one of his palms with his fist, he cracks his neck and looks back at the vast number of men that are armed to the teeth with what they need.

“There are six vamps here.” Alice announces confirming the intelligence we have already gathered.

“One gifted. The rest just brute strength. They are nearing the out of newborn stage but they have been trained. I don’t see anything more than a quick take down and all of us a walking away in an hour and half’s time. The one gifted has the ability to make anyone the ability to move so he needs to go first.”

“Let’s rock!” Emmett bellows and heads for the first hummer in a line of them parked just off the tarmac. He climbs in the drivers seat and starts it up.



I look at Peter and he smiles.
“Been a long time we had fought with our kind. Remember that time those nomads touched your car curious as to why it reeked of vampire?” He laughs and I stare at him.
How the fuck does he do it. Leave Charlotte behind and go off and not freak the fuck out?

“Yeah.” I feign some sort of interest with him strolling down memory lane is not really one of my biggest concerns right now.

“Ride with me man, we can talk.” He leans in and whispers as quiet as possible. I nod and head for a hummer and climb in while he does some hand signal to the others and gets behind the wheel. Hell I don’t even have the desire to drive.

I am twisting my fingers around in awkward positions, trying to put her out of my thoughts. It isn’t working.
Once we are on the road driving over dirt for God’s sake, four byin all the way I grip the hand bar, look over at him with my eyes narrowed. I just wasn’t in the mood for this shit. Usually I am the first who is looking for excitement but this is what I considered exciting anymore. Yeah maybe once upon a time. My excitement was back at home alone, wearing a pair of shorts and a white shirt that I would love to be peeling off her right now. Fuck I fucking miss her. Her smell. Her taste. Her sassy little fucking mouth. He chuckles and eases up some on the peddle.

“Sorry Edward but it gets easier.”

“What does?”

“Separation.”

“Who the fuck said that was what was bothering me?”

He laughs. “Are you that arrogant motherfucker? Really?”

I smirk. “I like to think so.”

“Yeah right man just try to focus on this shit because we can’t fuck up. If we let one of them alert the others to the extermination of each cell, then we are in some serious trouble. We need to at least take half of them out before they can alert any of the other half as to what is going on, in an ideal setting none of them finding out about our plan before it is too late would be awesome. Hopefully we don’t lose any of them and they all fall down.”

“Oh they are all going to fall…of that I have no doubt.” I growl.

“I am glad you have a good outlook for this.” He says shifting the gears harder than he needs to. I want to tell him I could teach him how to drive, but I choose to hold my tongue. No need to piss him off before we get there and he takes his anger out on me for me ranking on his shitty driving skills. Peter was never a good driver. He was good at everything else but that.

I look out the back window and see the trail of lights following behind us now. The sun is setting and darkness is approaching fast. I listen to the thoughts of several different men. Some are nervous. Some are anxious. One in particular is quiet. Unusually so. I hone in on him but he isn’t thinking of anything. He is oddly almost too relaxed and I look through his eyes. He is staring blankly at the back of Tyler’s head. I shake my head and just look over at Peter who is now rocking out to the tune of Foo Fighters and he is belting out lyrics about Nikki and how she masturbates. Then it fucking figures when my mind goes right to her. I wonder if she will do that while I am away?. Touch herself. I groan as my jeans tighten at the thought. Her orgasms still belong to me and God help her if she forgets that shit.
I reach over and turn the fucking radio off and tell Peter we are getting closer, as I hear them. “We need to pull over and take the rest of the way on foot. They will hear the engines.” I state. He pulls over and the rest pull in a line behind us.

Alice jumps out of the passenger side of Emmett’s Hummer and launches herself up on my back hanging off me. I laugh.

“I don’t plan on getting my perfectly good pair of killer designer hiking boots dirty, so you are designated driver.” She grins and kisses my cheek and I grip the back of her knees and push her leg out to check these fuckers out. She isn’t shitting me. Unbelievable!They are sort of sexy. May need to get a pair for Isabella. 



“Only you Ally.” I snort out a laugh and we gather in a huddle while Tyler shoots off his mouth about the first location and who does what when.

We take off and the humans in the group slow us down but it can’t be helped. What really pisses me off now is the fact that the longer it takes for them the longer it takes to get back to her. 

My anger spikes and I am ready to fucking kill.

I run through the forest and the faster I get this shit over with the faster I get home to her and with Ally on my back we push ahead of them to get a good read on what is about to go down. 


© Robshandmonkey~

2 comments: