Thursday, April 14, 2011

9. Wicked Games





Shhhhh…..

Chapter 9

Wicked Games

Bella’s POV

“Mail!”

Jessica walks by me as she tosses a pile of envelopes in my lap. I shuffle through half assed until I stop on one that sticks out among all the standard bills and junk mail.
The envelope heavy-weight and the script of my name written on the front is very elegant. Tearing it open I realize it’s an invitation.



*************
You and your guests are cordially invited to attend a private party at the dance club

After Life

No RSVP needed.
Friday at 10:00 PM

3324 Belmont
Chicago, IL.

Present invitation at the door

*************

It is the strangest invitation I have ever seen. There is no name, or return address and it doesn’t even say who or what the party is for.

“What’cha got?” Jessica stands over me now chewing on an apple from my fruit bowl.

“An invitation.”

“To where?” she asks as she crunches down on it and hovers over top of my head. Nosey much?

I look up at her and glower. “Aren’t you guys done moving yet?”

“Oh yeah…I just thought I would come by and pick up the mail.” She shrugs.

“Are you going to give me back my key?” I held out my hand for it waiting.

Jessica actually looks at me stunned. “Well why would I do that?”

“Maybe because of the fact that you don’t live here anymore?” I gape at her. Is she serious?

“So where did you get invited to?”

I can’t believe she is trying to change the subject. This is so typical of her…so self righteous.

“Some dance club. Says it’s for a private party but doesn’t say who or what the private party is for. How weird huh?”

My cell phone rings interrupting us and Jessica reaches down and snags the invitation out of my lap.

“Jeeze Jess!”

“Hello?”

“OH MY GOD! I HAVE BEEN DYIN TO GO HERE!” Jessica yells in my ear as I cover my ears trying to retain my hearing.

“What the hell?” Rosalie says on the line.

“Sorry it’s just Jessica going all freaky over some dance club invitation I just received. What is up?”

“What dance club?”

“Rosalie? What did you want?” I find myself becoming more impatient around anyone lately and I have no idea why.

“Emmett isn’t calling me back.” She whined into the phone.

“Aw, well maybe he is busy.”

“Since when have guys ignored me?” I hear her huff into the phone and I hide my chuckle. Maybe the sun does not rise and set on Rosalie Hale after-all! Damn when did my friends get so whiney and needy?

“It would definitely be a first.” I smile to myself.

“Please take me with you Bella!” Jessica is jumping up and down.

“Isn’t she supposed to be moved out by now?”

“Yeah that’s what I thought.” I glare in Jessica’s direction.

“Well what club is this?”

“Some club called the After Life.”

“Seriously? How the hell did you manage that? Do you know they don’t let just anyone in?” Now not only do I have Jessica damaging my right ear, but Rosalie is screeching in my left.

“So why the hell are they inviting me?” I snatch the invitation back from Jessica’s grubby hand.

“When is it?”

“It says this Friday.”

“Cool! I know just what we are going to wear. Screw Emmett I am going to get my groove on!”

“Wait…I didn’t say I was going.” I begin to protest.

“Why the hell not? What else do you have to do that is so important besides counting the diamonds on your damn phone?”

I narrow my eyes in disgust, even though she can’t see me because that remark was just uncalled for. “Hey now listen…I didn’t pick this damn phone out!” I snap at her. I was still irritated that Edward had sent me a phone…let alone one this outrageous.  

“No you sure didn’t, but hell I would have taken a hit on the head if I would have known that I could get a platinum plated, diamond encrusted, phone out of the deal! Knowing you I am surprised you didn’t try to make him take it back!”




“I did try, and he sent it back to me!” I scowled.

“You did not! Did you?” She says incredulously.

“Yes I did! It was on my doorstep the next damn day! I still can’t believe that he bought me a damn phone let alone one that was this ostentatious. It’s so ridiculous!”

“Well if you need me to take it off your hands.”

“Well hell everyone keeps calling me on the damn thing. I am keeping the phone for now because I don’t have one to replace it with yet. Besides, I have already started programming in names and numbers.”

“So then I will see you Friday? What time is this shindig?” Rosalie is pushing me.

“Ten.” I growled.

“Don’t worry about a thing I will bring our outfits and see you at seven!” she hung up before I could protest further. Damn it. I hardly got a word in before she decided for me.

“Fine…I guess we are going.” I hit the end button and grimace looking up as I watch Jessica going through my DVD collection.

“We are! COOL!” she glances over her shoulder at me and grins.

“What the hell are you doing?”

“Picking some movies out for Mike and I.”  She says pulling some out of the stack.

“Do I look like a goddamn Blockbuster to you?”

“No…do you have any popcorn?” She heads for the kitchen with three DVDs in hand. What the hell! At this rate she will want candy and soda’s to go too.

Unfuckingbelievable.

“I want my goddamn key!” I yell out at her, following her into my kitchen before she cleans that out as well.


S*h*h*h*h*h……


After two hours of being primped and poked by Rosalie, I pull up to the valet in front of the exclusive dance club, After Life. I climb out of my sparkling clean car taking notice that it looks so damn good…hell it looks brand new. I just got it back and I never realized I would miss a car so much! When the valet opened my door, his eyes avert from my breasts down to my legs. I feel like a slab of meat on display, and think to myself…hey I have eyes, and a name too buddy. Is sex the only thing men think about?

I narrow my eyes at him, holding my key up while dangling it in his face. Finally, his eyes meet with mine.

“Now that I have your undivided attention, I just want to give a warning. I will know if you fuck with my car, also how fast you drive my car, and I will know if you search through my car. I am very protective of my car, so I highly suggest you take very good care of my car… because if you don’t…” I look down at his badge and point at it, “Jared…this will be the last car you ever valet for in this club. Did you get all that?”



His eyes move over the car then meet with mine. His mouth is hanging open as he stares at me. It is amusing, and Jared reminds me of a goldfish right now.  

“Nod if you do.” I wait for his reply. He nods as I drop my key in his hand.

“Ah, wait….how long have you had your license?”

“Uhhh…three or four years.”

“Well….alright…thanks.”

Rosalie is standing there with her hand on her hip shaking her head and smirking. I give her a cheeky smile.

“You are such a bitch.” She giggles.

“No I am not. I just don’t want him fucking with Halle.”

“Halle? Who the hell is Halle?”

I can’t believe I said that. Edward’s name for my Vanquish, and now I am using it too? It is weird how that just happened, and yet…I’m totally at ease with calling her by her new name. Huh?

“Never mind.” I wave her off.

“Bella!” Jessica comes running towards us, throwing her arms around me. “I miss you!”
“Are you kidding me? You saw me yesterday when you came by to raid my fridge!”
Mike steps from behind her. “Hey Bella.”
“Hey Mike. Keep her on a leash will you. I don’t want to be humiliated this evening.” He laughs, pulling Jessica to him.

The line for this place is just insane. It snakes down more than half a block, and around the corner. I walk up to the bouncer who could pass for offspring of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s and hand him the invitation.

He gives me this really creepy smirk like he knows some big secret. I get this strange feeling all of a sudden when he holds open the red velvet rope letting us through. “Welcome to the After Life.” He grins wickedly. The hair on the back of neck is standing up, and I can’t wait to get away from this weirdo.

“Uh Thanks.” I eye him warily.

We walk in and the club and dance floor are already in full swing, the techno beat is loud for me right now. Even though it’s been two weeks since I fell, I still get an occasional headache out of the blue.




I stand here wondering where we are supposed to go when suddenly I feel cold fingers wrap around my arm at my elbow and I turn to stare into the golden eyes of Alice the waitress from the BDSM club.

“I knew you would come!” she smiles while hugging me, and began to pull me along as everyone followed behind me. She led us to a set of stairs that had a sign that was labeled in neon that read VIP.


I had no idea who this party was for, but I had a sneaking suspicion that Edward was going to be here, as I realized it may very well have been Alice who invited me.

Alice? Why did you invite me?”

She smiled and replied cryptically, “Because he won’t admit what is as plain as the nose on his face, so tonight I am going to prove it to him once and for all!”

I stare at her wondering what in the hell she is talking about.

She really is a strange little girl.

“Sit down, relax, and enjoy yourself. It won’t take him long to figure out you’re here.” She pinched my cheek with her ice cold fingers, and turns around before prancing off.

We can add hyper to that description too.

“Well now that was weird.” I muttered and look over to see Rosalie looking around and I know she is searching for Emmett.  I walk over to one of the tables and sit down.

“I want to dance!” Jessica is bouncing off the walls and Mike rolls his eyes as she pulls him out of the private room towards the dance floor.

“Let’s dance Bella. Come on! I don’t want to sit here!”

I frown. “You guys are killing me.” I growl as I get up and follow Rosalie back out to the dance floor.

As soon as I step onto the dance floor I feel it. I feel his presence, just like I did that night in Lovely, Dark and Deep. I look around but I don’t see him.

In the blinking neon lights I look down at my arms and sure enough the hair is standing up, my skin pebbled. My entire body shudders and I get that strange sensation I have not  felt in over two weeks. Well actually now that I think about it, I take that back…I did have it a couple of times while getting ready for bed at night but that makes no sense.

Huh.


Edward’s POV



Well Miss Swan….I must say white is very befitting for a fallen angel who keeps falling off her little fluffy cloud. I knew she was all legs and curves under those modest outfits I had observed her in before, and I saw her once before nearly naked. God that seems like a lifetime ago.  I would love to see her in that silk gown again or better yet…naked. I cannot help these thoughts I conjure up when she is near.

This outfit though had to be the shortest, tightest little white dress that is showing far too much skin for my liking where she is concerned. Why it bothered me I had no idea but obviously it bothered the fuck out of me. What the hell am I feeling here? Is it me being protective, or jealous? The thought of other men looking at her had me seeing red! What an odd thing to feel.




“Is that who I think it is?” Ben muttered and inhaled. “Yep, it sure is…” he answered his own question after he inhaled her scent. Fuck that sweet scent…why does the scent of her blood sing to me? She smelled mouth watering, and my cock knew she was close. Both my temper and venom were at an all time high. I question how she got an invitation to be here, but I had a pretty damned good idea.

“I am going to kill her!” My eyes narrow and fill with rage.  I pinch the bridge of my nose trying to calm the instant flash of anger that is pulsing through me. I was fucking seething. Livid…to the point of going on a damn killing spree. What the hell is Alice thinking? Damn that meddling munchkin!

Fuck!! I was doing so fucking good too!!

“Uh…I don’t think you want to do that Edward.” Ben’s expression told me he was clearly worried.

“Not Isabella!  I meant Alice!!” I snapped at him. Damn her for playing head games with me. We’ll see about that.

“Oh…well this time it looks like she brought more of her friends. It appears we are being invaded by humans.” Ben chuckled.

“This isn’t the least bit fucking funny Ben!” I glare at him and when I glance back it was already too fucking late. The wolves had descended from all corners of the fucking club. Caius walked right up to her, sliding his fucking hands up to grip her waist and pull her to him and just started dancing with her like she was his! Who the hell does he think he is? Especially after all the trouble I went through of getting her cell phone with his number…out of her life. My patience and control are wearing thin.

“Smooth fucker isn’t he?  He sure didn’t waste any time.” Ben observed coolly.

“Girls take off!” I bark. I sure as hell did not have to tell them twice like I would have if it were Tanya or Lauren.

“Dude…do you see what I see?” Ben nods towards the table that is near the dance floor where Demetri and Felix are now watching in delight. Demetri is eye fucking Isabella without any regard for manners and his thoughts are pissing me the fuck off. It is bad enough I have business with these assholes, but now I have to hear this shit about Isabella too? My control is ebbing away.

Fuck me! Since when does Edward allow humans in the club? I am next to dance with that tasty morsel…Fucking sweet scent too.

“Hey Felix look at the legs on that vixen…fuck man…imagine running your tongue from the inside of her ankle all the way up to the creamy center…but I would have to insist on taking a detour to nip at that pulsing femoral artery, so I could wash my tongue in her blood before I feast on that sweet pussy!” He grins with a smug ass expression on his ugly assed face. Motherfuckers! I have been doing everything in my power to keep away from her and to not think of her fucking blood, and that body made for sin. I was doing so good until now…when I have to see and hear this shit about her.

Felix groans out and replies, “I call dibs first.”

The fuck he will.

“Hell man….I have no problem sharing. It’s been awhile since I have taken a V card. I wonder if she has any idea Caius is a fucking vampire.” He chuckled.

My entire body began to shake violently and my hands formed into the tightest fists, as I clenched them. Isabella has Caius’s fucking hands on her hips while she sways to the music and this is about to get really fucking ugly. I am barely holding my shit together as I sit here watching and waiting.

 I tune out everything but their conversation.  

“I have been trying to call you beautiful...I left a message.”

“I am so sorry. I recently lost my phone and I didn’t have any of my contacts lists backed up.”

“Well I am glad that you were not avoiding me. So beautiful how have you been doing?”  Isabella’s face flushed with color and I stiffened.

Ben mutters, “That can’t be good.” And we both watch with baited breath.

I am walking a tightrope right now. I am prepared to cut that motherfucker, scoop her ass up, and fly the fuck out of here.

My thoughts are interrupted by the two idiots eyeing Isabella.

“Did she just fucking blush?” Felix asked Demetri.

“Sweet…Fucking….Jesus.” Demetri inhales and nods with a big devious grin.

“Ben…we have to get her away from them. I am losing it man. Seriously.” My eyes are envisioning the nightmare playing out in front of me that I can’t wake up from.

“And just how do you propose we do that without starting an all out war right in the middle of the club in front of humans no less?” He is staring at me.

I pulled my phone out, calling Alice, and she answers on the first ring.

“Alice…You better have a very good explanation for this shit storm you have put me in, because things are about to get very fucking ugly. Tell me you see a way out of this nightmare…I am so fucking close to not giving a shit Ally.”

“Just let her take care of herself. She is fine.”

“Alice you better come up with something better than that.”

Is she delusional? What the hell is she suggesting here?

“Don’t Edward. Just let whatever happens happen. I am sure Isabella can handle herself.”

“Are you smoking crack?” I snarl.

“Excuse me! I won’t let anything happen to her. If I need to jump in to help I will Edward. Calm the hell down!”

“Alice they are Volturi. They don’t take no for an answer! What the hell were you fucking thinking and don’t deny that you didn’t invite her!”

I feel a tug on my sleeve. “Edward we got a problem.” Ben’s leans over and mutters.

“Fuck Alice…you need to tell me!”

“Let her handle it Edward!!” Alice screeches into the phone.

“Alice do you think I can just sit here and watch them lead her out?”

“Stay put Edward. I will handle it!” she hangs up and I watch, waiting as Felix tries to cut in on Caius and Isabella’s dance.

I do not even realize that I have stopped breathing, or that I am squeezing my phone till it cracks in my hand. Venom is building up in my mouth and my fangs are getting dangerously close to making an appearance, as the temperature in my head rises, so is my temper...it is escalating. My resolve and control nearly evaporated.

“Dude. You broke your phone.” Ben says without taking his eyes off the scene playing out in front of us.

“Where the fuck is Emmett? I am this, fucking close to just not giving a rats ass Ben. I have no reservations about plowing through this crowd to just grab her and flee if something does not change right fucking now!”

Ben is now staring at me with his mouth hanging open.

“What the fuck is wrong?” I glare at him with menacing eyes glancing back to Isabella. I am running my fingers through my hair pulling on it harder than normal. I will be bald soon at this rate, or I am about to rip someone apart.

“Uh…Maybe now isn’t the time to tell you this Edward…but you may want to take a look in the mirror.”

I glance over at Ben. “What? Are you smoking crack too? What the hell is wrong with everyone around here tonight?”

Shit! I feel like all the inmates from the Asylum escaped tonight and decided to come and hang out here.

“It’s not me I am worried about man.” He shakes his head, staring at me with a bizarre   look and right now I could not give a flying fuck about it, because I am watching as Alice finally steps in, wrapping her arm around Isabella’s waist, while chatting nonchalantly with her. Emmett then appears out of nowhere and strikes up a conversation with the three goons. I am positive he has done this to distract them. I ease up on my clenched fists as Isabella is lead away from the dangerous trio. Thank fucking god. I was so close to loosing all control.

I continue watching Alice pull Isabella through the crowd, holding her hand as she heads right towards me, and the closer she gets to me the calmer I mysteriously feel. I also feel this sudden surge of electricity and desire coursing through me. I can not describe the feeling in total, but it stirs something deep within me that I crave.  

“What the hell is she doing?” I hiss under my breath.

“Uh…Edward man…really you….REALLY need to look in a mirror.” When I turn to look at Ben he is still staring at me with that same odd expression.

“Ben what the fuck is wrong with you?” I growl.

“Fuck Edward your eyes…just go find a fucking mirror!”

“What about them?” Then Ben’s eyes widen in surprise as he starts rambling his words that are being spewed out faster than ever. “It’s her isn’t it?” his mouth is opening and closing and I have no clue what the hell he is tripping out on as his eyes dart from me to Isabella and back.

In an instant Alice is there climbing the stairs with Isabella in tow and they now stand side by side before me and I am nearly knocked back with that sweet scintillating scent of hers.  

Fuck me!

“Hey Master Cullen.” Alice smiles and all I can do is just glare at her. If I did not love her the way I do, I would tear her to shreds right now. I have never been so damned mad at Ally before, but this was just about my breaking point. This is the last straw on the Camels back! I hope she senses just how close I am to loosing it.

“Hello Edward.” Isabella’s voice rings through my ears as she stands there looking like the hottest, little angelic sex kitten I have ever laid eyes on. Her scent over-takes everything around me. I cannot smell anything else but her, and I try to calmly reply without snapping or sounding like an asshole.

“Hello Isabella.” My eyes move to look at Alice but I would prefer for my eyes to never look at anything again, but Isabella! She is a vision…a sight for sore eyes.

Alice leans forward and her finger presses right under my bottom eyelid, and she pushes down and peers in.

I lean away from her and slap her hand away as I snap at her. “What the fuck Alice?”

“Alice, he doesn’t know about it yet.” Ben says.

“I know. But he will.” She grins like the most evil she-devil and it is then that I realize she is hiding something from me. I hate when she does that shit.

Emmett strolls up behind Isabella to stand directly behind her and plants a kiss on top of her head bringing out a growl from deep within me. Since when did he become so fucking close with Isabella?

“What is going on?” Emmett asks. “Where is Rosalie?” He leans around Isabella and asks smiling all happy with that dopey dimpled grin of his.

“She is in the ladies room. She will be back.” Isabella’s voice is soft and angelic sounding.

Emmett’s eyes meet with mine. His happy expression drops instantly from his face.

“Shut up Emmett.” Alice snaps at him before he can say a word.

“But Ally…” He protests and points at me.

What the fuck are they pointing and staring at?

“Jasper will be here in a second.” She smiles at me and I am sure that there is something wrong with all of them. Maybe they are all hitting a crack pipe?

“What is with you guys?” I demand not even remembering that I am a goddamn mind reader as I stare at them all in frustration.

Jasper moves in behind Alice and hands her something round and small.

“Thanks Jazzy.”

“Any time, darlin’, have you told him yet?”

Here they go again and what the hell are they not telling me but fucking hiding from me also?

“Nope, he will figure it out.” She smiles cheekily and flips up a handheld mirror in front of my face.

I catch a glimpse of my reflection and my gut nearly hurls up the last meal I hunted.

“What is going on?” Isabella asks looking at us curiously.

“Oh nothing sweetie, we just like to make sure Master Cullen looks his best at all times.”  Alice giggles, but I cannot stop staring at my reflection to respond to her smart ass.

My entire body is stiff. It feels like my muscles are all ready to snap. Alice brings the mirror a little closer and I can’t believe what I am seeing.

A slight pang of sadness cracks my chest as I stare back at eyes I have not seen in over a hundred years. The vivid green color of my eyes brings back long forgotten memories of my birth mother. These are her eyes. The eyes I was born with. I can’t believe they are staring back at me as if I were human again, my throat cinches closed.



A strange feeling pushes through my core.

“Yes Edward, it IS exactly what you think it is.” Alice says softly.

I push the mirror away and look at Alice confused. “Ally?” My voice sounds so fucking lost. I am about to freak the fuck out.

“I brought Isabella up to you like you asked. Aren’t you going to ask her to dance now?”
Alice’s voice interrupts my unspoken question. I stare at her with a furrowed brow as I try to wrap my head around what she is showing me.  

Yes sweetheart. Don’t overreact, you will scare her. It’s okay Edward. Your fine, nothing bad is going to happen. I have seen it. Take a deep breath and relax. Take her down to the dance floor and I will go pick a slow song. Dance with her Edward.

She reaches out squeezes my arm to assure me and takes my hand and pulls me to stand up. Then she moves out of the way to wave us through.

Isabella follows behind her and Jasper nudges me from behind and mouths “Go.”

My mind is trying to process what is happening to me and I have no idea how to begin deal with any of this. My emotions awaken with excitement, curiosity, and a fervor I have never known. I am overwrought, and yet I feel strangely calm. How is this possible?

The club lights dim, as the slow beat of Chris Issac’s Wicked Games reverberates through the sound system. The crowd on the dance floor thins out. Isabella stands there fidgeting in front of me, while she is pulling that swollen, pouty, bottom lip in between her teeth. She proceeds to gnaw it causing it to swell further. Her eyes meet with mine and my God she is…just God….she is so fucking beautiful.




With my left hand I reach out and gently take a hold of her delicate hand, her eyes never leave mine, as I duck under her arm, and now stand behind her. I step in closer pressing my chest flush to her back, while sliding my right hand around her petite waist letting it rest on her lower abdomen and keep in mind that each move I make with her has to be so carefully thought out so that I don’t hurt her. I have never held a human before in an intimate manner such as this. I have only had contact with a humans as they were dying by my own hands, and being this close to one, like this was a definite first.

Moving as slowly as I possibly could, while using all my self control, I begin moving her along with myself to beat of the music. Our bodies sway and melt into each other. I feel a rush of contentment wash over me. Suddenly her entire body relaxes against my chest as she leans back while turning her head to look over her shoulder at me with those gorgeous chocolate brown eyes of hers. I swear I could see a hint of desire, burning in those eyes.

The reality of just how fragile she is reminds me that I have to think of her like a soap bubble. Bella is fragile and ephemeral and I can’t let that fact slip out of my head not even for a moment.

Her temple is right there and I want to press my lips to it but I stop myself. I close my eyes for a second as I lean into the back of her and press my nose into her strawberry scented locks. Her hair is so fucking soft, her scent is sweet and her body is unbelievably warm pressed up against mine.
Fuck, her scent is so goddamn fucking sweet. I want to devour every inch of this exposed skin with kisses and I have never wanted to or desired to kiss anyone before now be it human or vampire.

Venom pools in my mouth. My gums sting and I fight my fangs off from making an unwelcome appearance. That is not the only thing she has stirring within me. My cock twitches with anticipation as it feels her warm backside, and I grow impossibly hard. Passion erupts my very being, and my cock is on the verge of his own eruption. 

Her warm hand tingles against my cool one as it pulses under our touch like an invisible current that is humming between us. A sense of calm washes over my entire body as I hold her to me moving to the beat.
God is there not one single part of her body that doesn’t smell good, or a part that my body does not crave? I am lost and seduced by my own need and desire for her.

Her warmth feels like it is reanimating my entire being, as we move ever so slowly to the music. Her breath increasing while her cheeks flush a faint pinkish color.

Her breath touches my face so sweet and fragrant. I lick my lips to taste her breathe upon my tongue. I cannot only hear but feel her throbbing heart as it thunders in her chest. The beat of it reminds me of what it feels like to have a real working heart as it pulses against my chest as I hold her.
It is an incredible feeling as my eyes scan down her neck and I can see the blood flowing underneath her translucent skin like the softest silk stretched over glass. Her blood singing to me, as none before her have.

I swallowed the pool of venom in my mouth and feel my throat burn like fire, marveling at this beautiful girl in my arms. She has absolutely no fear of the monster within, that holds her in his arms. This gorgeous, sexy, and fragile girl allows me to embrace her soft, warm body to my cold hard one and I am in awe of how fucking brave she truly is.

If she only knew…

I wonder how in the world a God can create something so absolutely breathtaking, and hold so much innocence within her, and then allow a soul-less beast like myself to cross paths with her.

Here she is dancing with the devil himself. I know what I am...I make no apologies or excuses. I know it with ever fiber of my being because I want to steal and exploit her innocence to mark her as mine, and it wouldn’t end there. I want to tie her up, bound to my bed, tease and pleasure and taunt her body in ways that would have her shaking from my touch. I can hear the sound of my hand smacking against those sweet ass cheeks of hers and feeling the warmth that would most likely be intense as the blood pools to the surface of her heated skin. I imagine biting and licking those pert nipples watching her back arch up off the bed wanting only more. My perversion does not end until I am drilling into her tight, wet, heat. God I could fuck her without holding back for hours on end. These erotic thoughts of her and I, only fuel my need and desire for her. My lust for her is palpable.

For a moment I have regrets. I regret that I am not a white knight rescuing her from the likes of Caius and Felix. Sadly, instead I am the black knight that would rescue her from their prisons, steal her away only to then lock her up in my own and never let her go. The irony of this is not lost…she would go from the frying pan into the fire. I ponder these thoughts and realize it does not change my mind or desire to have her. I still fucking want her! God do I want her!

I am Edward Cullen, a sought after Dominant. I always get what I want and I don’t care what it takes to get it, or who I have to run over in the process and this sweet soul in my arms has marked me as hers and she does not even realize she has done it. She just sees a green eyed man who has been a complete ass to her and she never did a damn thing to deserve any of it.
She has no idea that her silent mind enflames my curiosity, and my loins… let alone my ability to read minds. What I would not give to read hers right now…to know her deepest desires and what she is feeling at this very moment, locked in my embrace. The things I would like to do to her are beyond lewd.

Isabella has no idea the gravity of danger she is in from this moment on. How could God fail her, not having a guardian angel to protect her from the likes of me?

She has marked a vampire as her mate, and there is nothing I can do to undo this. It is written in the color of my eyes just as if it were written in stone.
As if life had not dealt her enough bullshit already for one so young. I am now the next demon to haunt her mind, her body and her soul!

Much to my surprise and own consternation, I should hate to admit this fact but, I simply can’t. I am thrilled but there is something inside of me somewhere that just cannot allow this to happen.

I want every part of her to belong to me. I can feel that burning need throughout my entire body to claim her. This choice was neither hers nor mine. This was our destiny.

It is fate that has brought us here, and I am the one that will suck her very last, dying breath out of her beautiful human life. I have been assigned to steal her sweet selfless soul.

However, I have the choice. The choice to go against it.

I vocalize the last chorus of the song and press my cold lips to her temple moving down to gaze into her eyes and I decided in that split moment that Isabella is worth it what I am about to go through.

And I don't want to fall in love with you...
                                                                         ...this love is only gonna break your heart


  
S*h*h*h*h*h……

Alice’s POV

“He was so oblivious and he would have never known it. Arrogant little shit that he is, I love Edward… don’t get me wrong Jazzy, it’s just well…I had to do something.”

“Why a human?” Jasper asked.

I nodded and smiled as I watched him learning how to properly hold her for the first time. I could hear her heartbeat all the way over here.

“Yes. A human is going to save him from himself.” I smiled. “Our eyes do not lie. Edward has not only mated…he found his true mate.” I sing out the revelation to everyone around and turn to hug Jasper.

“You know I have heard about it but I have never actually seen it. This is very interesting and sort of eerie. How long will they stay green?” Ben gazes at me in wonder.

“They will turn green whenever there is a passionate response to her. Just now he got possessive as hell, over the fact that other vampires were trying to hook up with her. I have heard about this, but never seen it happen quite this way. Edward’s eyes turned green before he had the connection with her…well this right here is very rare.”  I stare at them with adoration.

“Why?”

“She is his true mate. You know how the fuck this works Ben. She is human which is abnormal, but he still has to make his claim on her.” I look at him stunned. How can he not know this? He has been around as long as I have!

“Wait are you saying? This does not usually happen between humans and vampires?” Ben asked.

“Not at all…yet another rare occurrence on their part. I cannot believe I have to explain this to you of all people Ben. When a vampire finds another vampire and they fall in love and have intercourse that is usually when our eye color reverts back to our human color for a brief time to indicate that you have found your mate.”

“I sort of disagree with that because I knew Ally was my mate before that happened.” Jasper interjected.

“So then it happened to you both that way?” Ben asked. “During sex?”

“Yes.”

“So why has Edward’s eye color turned green now when he obviously has not fallen for her and they have not engaged in sex yet?”

“I have no explanation, so I cannot tell you why, but Carlisle may know.”

“Are you sure Alice?” Emmett asks.
“Yes I am sure. My God you guys! Do you not see Edward Cullen standing out on the dance floor holding a fragile human female in his arms as if she were a porcelain doll? Edward Cullen….you all know him just as well as I do! This is EPIC!”

“This is weird is what this is.” Jasper muttered.

“Can you hear her heartbeat? It flutters whenever he brushes against her gently. Her breath hitches and she trusts him. They are meant to be.”

“You do realize that Edward will snap out of this when the song ends don’t you?”
Ben looked at me with an arched brow.

“Uhhh…I wonder if she is a submissive.” Emmett mumbled.

“I would venture to guess HELL NO!” Jasper laughed. “She is too feisty to submit.”

“Care to make a wager?” Rosalie stepped up to the platform.

“Rosie!” Emmett smiles and moves over to hug her.

“Hello.” She smiled at the big doofus with the deep dimples, and I can’t help but smirk at them.

“So you are saying she is submissive material?” Ben asked Rosalie.

Rosalie turned to watch Bella and sadly she had to admit the truth. “She could be. I am not totally sure though. I can’t tell if it’s the kink in the sex or a real desire to submit or worse if it has something to do with her time in foster care. The thing is, no matter what I say to convince her otherwise, she is a stubborn and independent girl and her curiosity has a tendency to attract trouble. But if I were to guess in all honesty…I would say Bella could be trained, she has a fire in her that some Dominants may really enjoy.”

“I can’t see Edward having patience to train anyone.” Jasper snorted out a laugh.

“Don’t be so quick to condemn him Jasper.” I hissed.

“Emmett would you like to dance?” Rosalie asked.

“Sure!”

I watch them walk out to the dance floor and smiled down on all of them. Our lives were about to change and I couldn’t wait.

“Love is in the air.” I grabbed my Jazzy’s hand and pulled him down to dance the next three songs that would all be slow as well…as I had paid the DJ to play them back to back.

Edward Cullen it’s time to grow up spider monkey. Your bad boy days are about numbered.


S*h*h*h*h*h……

BELLA’S POV


What a wicked game you play
                 To make me feel this way                           What a wicked thing to do
                                          To let me dream of you                                              What a wicked thing to say                                                             You never felt this way
                                                                What a wicked thing to do
                                                                             To make me dream of you                                                                       And I don't wanna fall in love with you
                                                                              This love is only gonna break your heart

I was dancing with Edward. His body pressed against mine and I had never felt so safe before until now. I leaned into him and I felt like this was the most comfortable place in the world. I fit so perfectly in his arms. I realize in the moment that I like this feeling. I like the security he provides with the touch of his hand and the softness of that touch. It startled me when his lips pressed to my temple, I felt a chill run down my whole body, then Edward started whispering. His lips were softly resting against my temple and his cool lips blew out his cool breath against my warm skin. It felt divine, and I wished for more.  

“Isabella, you are without a doubt the most mesmerizing beauty that has ever walked the face of this earth. Your beauty stuns me into silence and as I watch you….I find myself wanting you so very much, but this will end badly if I pursue you. Walk away and I will try so very hard to not interfere in your life. However, if you stay and we finish this song I will not let you go so easily should you change your mind. Heed the warning. I can only promise I will try.”

I stopped moving and turned quickly in his arms, his hands rested low on my hips now. I let my hands rest on his broad chest but I wanted to grip onto the lapels of his jacket. I felt the panic rising up and was about to grip onto them out of fear. I didn’t want him to leave. But suddenly it felt like he was just going to disappear.

“Do you really want me to walk away?” My heart clenched at the thought as the words came out of my mouth. I silently prayed that he would want me to stay.

His brow furrows and he looks as if the thought hurts. Then he just looks away from me and swallows hard.
I am now looking at his profile and I can see now how absolutely beautiful he really is. The face of a seraph. Chiseled jaw that reminds me of the statue of David. He really is perfect and sadly he won’t even look at me. I have never felt so rejected in all my life, and my throat closes a little when I mutter to him, “I take that as a yes.”

Suddenly his grip tightens as if he has changed his mind and he doesn’t want to let me go. But that lasted only for a moment. Then as if he changes it again his eyes meet with mine and I know that I see something there behind them. They are such a beautiful green shade and he closes them shutting me out as he cryptically whispers, “Maybe for once in my life Isabella, I won’t be selfish.”

Those words hang in the air for a moment and for some reason they feel bittersweet. It makes no sense.

His cool lips press to my forehead with a pause like he didn’t want this to end but then he pulls away and leaves me standing there alone on the dance floor. He leans into whisper something into Emmett’s ear, as he walks by him. He never looks back at me as he leaves the club and I don't have to see him walk out the door to know that he is left because I can feel it. That electric hum has dissipated into nothing. 

I was not sure if at first when he was singing the words to the song if they were just lyrics to him or if he was actually singing them to me directly. Now I knew that my latter thought was correct.

The last verse of the song was oddly spot on. When he walked away I felt rejected and heartbroken.

And I don't wanna fall in love with you…
                                                                         …this love is only gonna break your heart.



©Robshandmonkey ~ All Rights Reserved.

THANKS TO
Nicole aka Pattypattz 
&
Dianne aka rdmickey1989
CHECK OUT D'S VIDEO FOR THIS CHAPTER!
http://www.youtube.com/user/RobsHandMonkey?feature=mhum#p/a/f/1/STRUHVC0Ceg


4 comments:

  1. I loved this chapter. The changing of the eye color when finding one's true mate is a cool idea. I like it very much. I love that Bella is so aware of his presence. I bet it won't be long till she feels it in her bedroom again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'adore. Les vampires qui retrouvent la couleur de leur yeux est une idée fantastique. J'adore Bella, femme forte et indépendante mais soumise... et qui adore les belles voitures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That song and Edwards words. I cried...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Drea, Oh no he didn't? I can't believe he just left her there with Caius? He had to know that Caius would swoop in and scab all of the leftovers. Damn vulture. Huh. Vulture/Volturi.... Wonder if that is what SM had in mind. Both are scavengers and feed off of things.

    Thanks for sharing. Take care and peace. T.

    ReplyDelete