Sunday, September 30, 2012

Chapter I lost count


a/n
I have changed the name of the organization Edward's family is dealing with. I value my life too much to piss off anyone if they do a search under the term I was using and had previously used. Not that mine would show up, but if it were to pop up and they didn't like my portrayal of them, I sure as hell don't want to be put on some list for using them in a fictional story.
Okay...so I freaked out a little when I was doing research for terms they use and found a post about how they brutally hung two people from a bridge for blogging about them, so I spent my evening searchign each chapter for that title and replaced it with Drug Lords...
yeah...I sort of like breathing....just sayin...lol

T
a
...~.o.~…~ o~...~.o.~…
o
o

Chapter I lost count and I am too busy to look at which one it is now...just go with this.

EDWARD~

"Good morning baby girl."

She mewls against my throat, nuzzles further up under my hair, and then softly sighs.

"You stayed."

"I told you, I wasn't going anywhere." I kiss the top of her tangled hair.

"I wish that were true."

"Bella, I will be back so fast you won't have time to miss me. I need to get up and wrap up some things before I leave this morning. I am sorry I can't lay here with you and play."

I turn her over and brush my hand over the soft warm and smooth skin of her cheek. I love the warmth she provides when she blushes for a fleeting moment.

"Sweetheart, try not to wander far from home. I would feel so much more at ease knowing that you are not out roaming the streets with Alice. Do not question Jacob's instincts. He has a knack for sensing trouble. If he orders you to do something, do it."

I kiss her nose and climb out of bed.

"And by the way, I love hearing you say my name when you sleep. What do you dream about?" I turn to look at her.

"How absolutely beautiful you are." she gets up on her knees crawling over to the edge and reaches up to lace her fingers through my hair as she pulls me towards her lips.

"You have an Angel's face." she says looking from my eyes down to my lips and moves in to claim them.

I give into her, wrapping my arms around her warm body and moan into her mouth.

"That's sweet baby." I press my lips to hers once, twice, and then once more and move down inhaling her throat. "But let's not say anything like that around the family." I ask.

When I look up at her, she is frowning.

"I know, and you know why, so please."

"I feel like a dirty little secret." she juts out her bottom lip.

I pounce on her throwing her back on the bed, she screams startled by my speed, then laughs.

"I really like the way that sounded. So naughty and baby you are as naughty as they come." I kiss her once and stupidly dare to make another promise to her.

"Give me a little time to prove myself to everyone. Then, I will tell everyone in the world the way I feel about you."

"And just how do you feel about me?"

"I adore you."

Her smile is not a genuine Bella smile and she looks away from me. Tears well up in her eyes and I have no idea how that could hurt her but it does.

"Bella?"

Her arms come around my neck and she locks onto me crying so hard I am stunned.

"Sweetheart, what is it?"

"Come back to me. Please. Don't go and not come back! Just say it. Say it aloud and look at me when you do and fucking promise me! Promise me that you are going to come back and make damn sure you keep that promise or so help me I will fucking hunt you down."

I pull away from her and look into her tear stained face.

"Bella what is this about?"

"I waited and waited and they never came home." she cries.

I realize that it is something from her past.

"Come here." I hug her tightly as she climbs into my lap wrapping herself around me.

"Bella, I am indestructible. No one knows that but you and my mother. I think Alice suspects something is up she is full of questions lately, but no one else knows that. If someone aimed a gun at my head, nothing would happen, do you know why?"

"Why?"

"Because I tried it myself. I cannot die. I am already dead sweetheart. The bullet did nothing. It bounced off me. Therefore, even if I walk into that meeting and they are all aimed at me, their attempt to kill me will fail miserably. My family is another story. I have to protect my family. You do understand that right?"

"Yes."

"So believe me, I will come home to you."

She sniffles and I carry her to the bathroom.

"Want to take a shower with me?" I wiggle my brows up at her.

Her eyes fall to my lips again and I can see the longing in her eyes.

"I am going to fucking miss you." I whisper and kiss her softly setting her on the sink.

Our shower is longer than it should have been but I couldn't seem to pull myself away from washing every inch of her body. Lathering her up as I kissed her.

Her moans grew louder and louder when I washed between her legs, and before I knew it, I lifted her up and licked her clean instead of using soap.

She is sweet and salty and fuck, she gets wet.

Then she surprises me when she strokes me off. Both hands wrapped around me and she is clumsy and cute and so doing it wrong. All I can do is show her how to do it right and she learns fast because I am shooting all over her clean chest and not at all regretting that I get to wash her all over again.

We get dressed and go our separate ways.

I head for the clubhouse and find most of my men there discussing specifics about the shipment that is coming with us only it is on a separate plane. I won't be caught dead with anything in my possession ever.

It keeps my ass out of jail.

Not five minutes after I enter the clubhouse there is a commotion outside and suddenly the door flies open and Jacob and Sam are standing here in front of me with the nun from Bella's school.

"What the fuck?" I gape at them.

"I started at midnight last night, you must have forgot, I get paid by the day." he grins and nods towards the nun. "She was walking down the street in broad daylight. I do believe you mentioned something about Bella not returning to school because of her. No need to worry any longer. Here she is."

My nose is twitching.

Her eyes are jet black, with dark circles underneath them.

"Leave us alone." I demand and the room clears out faster than the flick of a switch.

I walk around the table, eye her up, and inhale.

She is not fucking human.

"Who the fuck are you, and what are you doing here?"

She doesn't answer and I hiss.

She hisses in defense because it is instinctual.

"You are a vampire?" I move towards her at vampire speed and grab her arm shoving her sleeve up. It is cold and hard.

"I am." Her voice trills through the room.

I grab her by the throat and throw her against the wall.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE?"

"Just doing my job." she manages to speak through my grip.

"And what job would that be?" I ask easing up on her throat.

"To make sure you are keeping the secret."

"What secret?"

She snorts out a laugh and I grip her harder.

"I will tear it clean the fuck off if you don't stop fucking dicking me around now what the fuck are you doing here and who are you?"

"I am Heidi. I work for the Royal Court. I have been ordered to follow up on a well-known mafia family who just happens to now have a vampire as their leader. Caius has asked me to come and make sure you are keeping the secret."

I bare my fangs.

"What fucking secret?"

"Why that you are a vampire of course. It is our only law."

"We have laws?"

She looks at me with wide eyes. "Didn't your maker tell you this?"

I narrow my eyes at her. "My maker is dead."

"Oh, well, what do you know about this life?"

"I don't have time for this and you being here is in fact raising questions within my family. You have put me in a position that I am now going to have to answer as to whom you are. How the fuck do I keep this secret when you show up sneaking around my family? And what the fuck are you doing at my Bella's school?"

"I caught your scent there first. Before I found this place. I knew of the home but didn't know its exact location. Demetri is our tracker. I am just the hunter." She is rambling nonsense and I have no fucking idea how to deal with this shit now of all times.

"How many of us are there?"

"Hundreds. Thousands maybe, it surprises me you don't know any of this. Who turned you?"
I gape at her and reply, "I don't know."

"How did they die?"

"I fucking killed her."

Her look is incredulous.

"I need you to come with me. If I am going to play this off, I need you to come with me no questions asked."

I grip her arm and she follows without a word.

We make our way to the car and I nod at the guards and some of the men that are standing around watching. Carlisle is looking at me with suspicion.

"Our departure time has just been moved back. I will be back in an hour." I load her into the passenger seat, climb in, and take off.

As we are driving, she turns to look at me. "You are quite handsome Mr. Masen." she eyes me up.

"And you are wearing a nun's uniform." I eye her back.

"Where are we going?"

"We are going to my warehouse."

She quirks a brow up at me.

"Trust me, it is all for appearances, you want me to keep the secret then we do this my way." I have to play out the scene perfectly. I tie her to a chair and she allows me to do it as I attempt to look as if I am grilling her.

"We are being recorded. I am going to shoot you, but since you are vampire, this won't harm you in the least. Just do a good job and play dead. Go back to your leaders and tell them your secret is safe. I may come upon them to learn more one day about what I have become. The moment before I toss you into the dumpster and light you on fire, you will get the fuck out of here and move fast enough so that you are not caught leaving on camera."

"So is this how you woo all the girls. Shoot them, and then light them on fire?"

"I am not wooing you Heidi. My heart is already spoken for. It was a pleasure meeting you, but I must warn you, stay the fuck away from my Bella or you and everyone you know and love will die.
Do I make myself clear?" I ask pulling out Seth and putting it to her head.


T
a
...~.o.~…~ o~...~.o.~…
o
o

My return back to the house doesn't go as smoothly as I had hoped. Carlisle is grilling me as we walk towards the house after I climb out of my car.

"Who was she? What is she doing here?"

"I don't know. She wouldn't talk. Nothing I said or did to threaten her would make her."

"You didn't do anything that would make her talk." He snaps.

Just as I suspected they were watching.

"I don't torture women Carlisle. She is the first one I have had to deal with." I turn to look at him.

"Our plane leaves in one hour. That gives me thirty minutes to pack my things, now if you will excuse me." I head for the front door and slam it in his face once I am inside.

I am tired of the questions. I worry it will be worse on the plane ride down South but try not to think about that strange meeting.

When I enter the main room I inhale and I can tell that she hasn't been down here for a while.

"Edward." My Mother walks up and kisses my cheek.

"Hey Ma."

"I am heading out for an appointment with the salon. I won't be here when you leave. Hug me now. I am taking one of the guards with me because I know you are going to insist anyway, see, one step ahead of you baby."

She leans in and whispers in my ear.

"She is in the Library. She has been crying off and on all morning. Comfort her. I will try to keep her busy while you are gone. The camera's are still off. Demetri has someone working on tracking whomever has hacked them."

"I still think it is someone inside." I kiss her and hug her saying our goodbye's and make my way towards the library. I have already packed and planned to spend the last moments with her. I am as quiet as possible when I enter the library. She is staring out the window and I can smell the thick salty scent in the air. It was more than a few tears she had shed, the salt is thick in the air and I know it is serious crying here. My concern for her grows. I don't know how to make her understand any other way than I had already explained to her.

I know her past is the issue and that I can't undo what has been done. All I can do is assure her that I am coming back. I stay as stealth as possible moving towards her to stand only inches away now. I lean down and press my lips to the top of her head.

She sighs, sniffles and I watch her chest shudder out a breath. "I am sorry." Her voice sounds so fucking broken.

"Bella you are killing me here." I kneel down and meet her swollen tear filled eyes.

"Take me with you!" She sobs and throws her arms around me.

I am so close to just saying fuck it and bringing her along but I can't. I just fucking can't.

I pull back and look at her and hope that what I tell her will make her see.
"Do you know it has been rumored that this orgnization has no heart inside the walls of their compound. It is said that the thought alone of them makes up a living organism that thrives on a power so great, when night falls the compound comes alive with the thumping of a heart beat on the wind."

She tilts her head listening.

"I once heard that a very trusted top member of theirs, turned on them. They were working with customs agents to take down some of the bigger leaders all while trying to make a bust that would cost them millions of dollars. Word got out because one of the custom's agents was in fact on the payroll with the Lords. His alerting them, interrupted this massive take down before it could actually play out. Do you know what they did to that man Bella?"

"No." she whispers.

"They gutted him Baby. The took his insides out, filled his body with drugs, sent it to the customs agents directly involved with the set up and pinned a note to his dead body. The note said, The next body to arrive will be on of your family. They willingly gave up the drugs to make a point to custom agents that they were not above going after innocent lives if anyone ever fucked with them again. This is exactly why I can not allow you or my mother anywhere near these fuckers. They don't know you exist baby. You would be a pawn for them to use against me. I cannot undo the relationship that my father had with these men, all I can do is keep them satisfied, and to do that I need to let them play their game. I need to be as accommodating as possible, because I will never trust them. I can't let my guard down, and I can't leave this to my family members to handle and fuck this relationship up. We are in too deep and I wished to God I could back out for once in my life, but I can't. If I make the attempt to sever this relationship they will see it as a betrayal."

"So then tell me what is your business with them?"

"I can't tell you that."

Her brow is furrowed in such a deep V as tears spill down her cheek.

"Please baby, just understand that what happens tonight is so fucking important and once I am done down there, I will turn right around and come back. I promise."

She nods and kisses me. I can taste her salty tears on her lips and press in for a deeper more meaningful kiss. I pick her up and settle into the window bench with her on my lap and we look out over the city, just spending the last few minutes together.

"I am going to miss you." Her voice is raspy and quiet.

"I know sweetheart, and I am going to miss the hell out of you too baby." I hug her tighter.
Fifteen minutes later she is completely asleep in my arms. I kiss her head and carry her up to my room, laying her in my bed. I look down at her once more before I manage to finally pull myself away from my sweet girl just as my phone begins to vibrate.


T
a
...~.o.~…~ o~...~.o.~…
o
o


Just as I suspected questions came at me on the plane but I wasn't in the mood to answer any of them.

Jasper barely made it in time for our flight to take off and his behavior is really starting to irritate me. I am going to have to talk to him about his relationship he seems so caught up in with Alice.

Eventually our plane touches down at the final destination and I pull out Seth, check to make sure he is fully loaded, and pat my jacket to find a couple of clips safely tucked inside.

Taking a deep breath, I stand to exit the plane. Stepping out into the thick hot humid air that is familiar, sends a shiver down my spine.

I look down to see three jeeps waiting on the tarmac, while behind them are four hummers for my men. I glance over to the left and watch the cargo from the other plane move down the conveyor belt to be unloaded and then loaded into the large black cargo truck.

"Black for the darkness of night." I murmur and Emmett is standing directly behind me as he asks, what the fuck that means.

"It is harder to see a black truck on the dark roads. They use black vehicles to move contraband around right in front of everyone, while staying stealth as they do it."

"Ahh.." He says and I begin my descent down the stairs.

There are many members of the Drug Lords around here with guns strapped to their backs. It is an uncomfortable feeling, but not unbearable. I shake hands with my contact who greets me but does so warily. I just feign a smile and assure him that things are fine. He nods and leads me to the vehicles waiting to take us to the compound.

The ride there is rough. The roads are unpaved down here and the few roads that are paved have massive potholes in them. I am slightly worried about my product and hope to God nothing goes off.

When we near the base of a hill, I look up to see the massive wall that surrounds the entire home. I know there are underground tunnels here. Some run from here, all the way to other tunnels that take you right under US soil. They go for miles and miles and were created by people that were enslaved to create them.

When the gates open I look over at Carlisle and whisper, "Questo è. Siate pronti per qualsiasi cosa. Se qualcosa va giù Carlisle, non, ripeto, non entrare in contatto con loro. Siamo alla loro mercé, ma questa è una buona cosa. Fidati di me. Si tratta di un importante segno di rispetto a loro che abbiamo le palle per mostrare qui in questo modo. Guardati le spalle e giuro su Dio tenere la lingua del cazzo, non importa cosa. "

© Robshandmonkey~


Translation...
"This is it. Be prepared for just about anything. If anything goes down Carlisle, do not, I repeat, do not engage with them. We are at their mercy, but this is a good thing. Trust me. It is a major sign of respect to them that we have the balls to show up here like this. Watch your back, and I swear to God hold your fucking tongue no matter what."
*Yeah...it's full blown mafia madness time and I am just as excited to get the next chapter out as you are to read it...just to keep you natives somewhat calm...tease...and again it will Be E's point of view...grins...



Teaser....

~EDWARD
"I hear you are a guardian." Marcus smiles at me and it takes every thing I have in me, and I mean everything, to keep control of my response. I have to hold my temper and my composure, where Bella is concerned, it is the hardest thing I am ever going to have to do. I don't know how they know this information and all I can think about is that someone in the family is playing for them. No one besides the Stanley's know I am her guardian and I am pretty damn fucking sure that they didn't offer up the information.
My father speaks to me from the dead, his voice haunts me at times and this would be one of them.
"Remember Edward. Stay stoic in the face of any horror you are presented with. They are testing for a response. Any sign that what they are using may be a weakness against you. It is only then that if you succeed in keeping a poker face until you are out of their presence, then you will know that you are winning. If you lose control, slip and even so much as flinch in the slightest way, you are giving the m what they are looking for. Do NOT let them see your tell. Under any circumstances. Your tell will be what does you in and it would be the best if you had no tell at all, but every man has a tell."
"What is yours?"
"My tell?"
"No, your weakness."
"You and your mother."
It suddenly hits me that he never included Jasper. Why would he not include his adopted son? He is my brother. I try to remember where I am and what I am doing having got lost in that thought.
Fuck.
What did I do in front of Marcus while that memory played out?
My eyes meet with Marcus again. He doesn't look phased.
"Just an abused girl I took in to get her out of an abusive home. I cannot tolerate children being abused."
He nods once. "I respect that."
I glance over at Carlisle and he is watching someone else in the room. My eyes follow the guy by the door and he looks oddly familiar.
I would almost say, he looks a lot like Jasper.
"Riley, son, come...let me introduce you to our newest business partner."
My eyes scan over to look at Jasper. He is watching very carefully and I would swear I see him give a faint of a nod.
Strange.
***I can see all of your wheels turning...grins like a cheshire cat***

No comments:

Post a Comment