Sunday, May 8, 2011

Chapter 14 Sapphire & Fireflies


Thanks to Dianne for creating some fuckhawt manips for this next chapter!
Hell I got the poor girl up doing photoshop past midnight when she has to work in the morning! But damn she really did an awesome fucking Job….Go to the blog if you want to see the extra Artwork for any of this story…there are quotes with photos also taken from some past and future chapters.

And THANK YOU to Nicole who corrects my still grammatical nightmares and gets my Edward all feely and suave with his Italian speaking Madskills.

A special thanks to AllyVera…who I swear to god I owe so much to because with out her
I probably would have never met Dianne and Nicole and some of the wonderful ladies at
RandomActsOfRob! She reccd EEK and that is how I found such Awesome beta’s!
Thanks!!!

AND I CANNOT THANK ALL OF YOU ENOUGH FOR ALL THE REVIEWS YOU ALL SEND OUT TO ME! I READ EVERY ONE AND I TRY TO RESPOND BUT DANG IT I WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO WRITE…I KNOW I NEED A FORUM WHERE WE CAN DISCUSS THIS STORY I JUST HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DO THAT…BUT ANYWAY
THANKS TO ALL MY AWESOME READERS. I LOVE THAT YOU LOVE IT!

********************************************
Chapter 14

Sapphire and Fireflies


*!*!*!*!*!*Bella’s POV*!*!*!*!*!*


My eyes gradually open; I blink a few times trying hard to wake up and feeling a little out of sorts. Slowly my eyes adjust and I look around an unfamiliar room. The first thing I notice is the comfortable feel of this massive bed. I fight the desire to let my eyelids close again and just fall back into bliss. I blink rapidly trying to adjust my tired eyes, and then I feel the ache from every part of my body. I feel like every muscle has been tensed for a week solid with no relief. I close my eyes for a second as memories flash behind my eyelids.

Cauis and his car.

Caius and going to dinner.

Caius driving.

“How are you feeling?” My eyes pop open, startled when I recognize that sexy, familiar… velvet smooth voice.

Edward.

I would know that voice anywhere. What is Edward doing here? Where am I?

I turn my head in the direction that the voice resonates comes from and see the face of an angel wearing a black v neck t-shirt, and black jeans sitting there in a chair looking absolutely stunning but oddly frazzled as well near the bed . The room isn’t too bright as  the shades are drawn to allow just enough daylight in, his pale skin glowing like a halo would atop of his head.






“You can relax Isabella…no one is going to hurt you.” His voice is gentle and soft.

Why would he think I would have thought that?

“Where am I and what time is it?” My throat is raspy, still thick with sleep.

“It’s around one o’clock, and you’re at my house.”

I clear my throat a little, “Your house, how did I end up here?”

“You don’t remember?” He looks at me curiously tilting his head to the side.

“I remember going on a date with Cauis.” My mind now recalling more memories as they flash on and off, but all memories are of Caius that flash within my mind…his cold fingers pushing my dress up.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

“It’s okay Isabella; no harm will come to you. Your safe…I promise.” Edward’s voice is reassuring me, or at least trying to.

“I didn’t say anything.” I mumble still feeling out of sorts and very sore. Why am I sore?

“Your heartbeat says otherwise. You are frightened.” His tone is low and solemn.

“My heartbeat?” I watch as his eyes look away for a moment. He appears a little angry about something but it quickly dissipates.

His eyes are so bright green and I swear that I see a hint of gold in them when he looks back at me. Wow he is handsome, and those bedroom eyes are so beautiful. I laugh at myself, because I am in his bedroom and still trying to figure out how I got here.

“You don’t remember anything about what occurred?” he asks looking at me shyly under his ridiculously long dark lashes.



“Some memories are slowly starting to come back, why what happened?” I question him hoping he can fill me in.

“You were…” he trails off.

A memory of the word drugged flashes in my thought and I sat straight up as he finishes his explanation.

“…drugged.” He repeats my thought in a low voice.

“Caius drugged me…oh God...” Panic sends me reeling and I lift the blankets I am buried under and look down at my body surprised I am wearing a men’s dress shirt and nothing else.

“Edward…?” My voice is strained and I am now scared to death. Frightened that something bad has happened. I am so fucking scared I can’t stop the tears before they land on my cheeks, and gasp out for a breath not realizing I had stopped my breathing all together.

Edward moved so fast that he was a blur as he now sat next to me on the bed, his hand cautiously moves towards me as he caresses my cheek and the look on his face is nearly devastating only making me feel even more anxious. His hand is ice cold but I leaned into it anyway. “Breathe Isabella, you are fine. He didn’t…” he trailed off.

“…rape me?” I finish his thought for him, swallowing some air. 

“No! He didn’t.” He states with a firm but disgusted tone, lowering his hand away from my face and I find that I already miss it.

“But he was going to.” I wipe my tears away with the back of my hand embarrassed now for crying in front of him.

“Isabella.” His voice has nothing but compassion laced in it and I feel like an idiot.

“Please…call me Bella. No one calls me Isabella unless they are mad at me.” I mutter… sniffling.

“Alright Bella.” He gives me a soft but sad smile.

“What do you have to do with this? How did I get here?” I ask.

“I found you with him.” His eyes drop down to the bed.

My eyes widen at the thought. Where the hell did he take me?

“Wh….Wh….What?” the tone of my voice is now clearly more shaken.

“I think maybe you need to eat and drink something.” He says as he pulls out his phone and starts to text someone.




I look around the room taking in the vaulted cedar beamed ceiling. It is not the colors I would have chosen for a room, but still it’s a beautifully decorated bedroom that is perfect to the point of pristine.

It figures. Perfectward wouldn’t settle for anything less.

He stops and looks up at me.

He nods toward another room and says, “The bathroom is right through that door. I will let you freshen up. I will be downstairs just come down when you are ready. There are some toiletries in the bathroom along with some clothes that should fit you. A new toothbrush is by the sink. By all means help yourself to whatever you need. Let me know if you need anything.”

He stands up, and turns to walk out of the bedroom and I cannot help but ogle his fine ass, and damn it, if he doesn’t turn around so fucking fast and catch me doing it! I try to pretend like I am looking up and away, but he notices anyway. He cocks his brow higher on one side, and gives me that sexy, panty melting, fucking little smirk, and chuckles. He fucking chuckles! I mentally berate myself thinking…you are so busted Bella! 

He finally speaks and says, “The towels are in the tall cabinet in the bathroom.” He is still smirking and I can feel the heat on my cheeks. This time he turns to leave and I drop my head in my hands.

Oh Goddamn, he has such a cute ass. Just shut up Bella!

I stretch my neck from side to side and decide I have to see for myself. I throw back the covers and practically run to the bathroom closing the door. I stand in front of the floor length mirror and begin inspecting every inch of my body for signs of abuse and I am happy to find there is none. Thank God! A sense of relief washes over me.

I look down at the shirt I am wearing and realize it must be Edward’s. It smells just like him and I lift it to my nose and inhale his masculine scent.

It smells clean but with a hint of something sweet like …honey?

I look over to the sink and spot a pile of clothes folded up on the counter. I stare at them wondering whose they are, but suddenly realize when I pick them up that they are all brand new with tags still attached. I sigh and decide to shower when my stomach starts to grumble from hunger. When I proceed to the cabinet to pull out a towel, I stood there stunned.




His office is nothing compared to his home. Jesus. I am afraid to move anything, so I carefully remove a towel and jump into the shower quickly. Then I was hit with more memories, slowly coming back to me.

Me laughing in the car.

Caius fastening my seat belt.

The valet guy.

Cauis laughing and sneering.

I try to remember what day it is and realize I have no idea. What the hell did he give me anyway? I will have to ask Edward more about being drugged, and see what he can tell anything more.

I have a thousand questions, so I hurry along to get ready and I even go so far as to clean up completely after myself, drying the damn shower with my towel out of fear.
I am standing in the bedroom nervously, trying to work up my courage, when I finally take a deep breath and know that I have to go downstairs sometime. It is now or never because my stomach will not quit groaning loudly.

I start to fold up Edward’s shirt when flashes of more memories that now include him invade my mind. I gasp as I remember hearing him making promises to touch me while he is buttoning up the shirt he was putting on me. More memories rush back to me, but this time they are of me and Edward in his car, the shower and then in his bed.  I stand here horrified, frozen in sheer shock at my aberrant behavior.

Oh God. What the hell was I doing to him? Suddenly I feel embarrassed as I remember what I had said to him.

“I don’t want to put anything on. Come on just lay down with me…remove the towel first though.”

“Bella, I don’t think that is a good idea.”

“But I am still so hot and if I lay next to you then it will be cooler. Pleaseeee….”

“Bella, why don’t you just try to get some sleep? I will be in the next room. You have been through a lot Angel.”

“I will sleep on one condition. You lie down minus the towel and let me crawl on top of you and you can keep me cool.”

“Jesus Christ….”

“Pleaseeeeeee I am getting hot again.”

“Isabella I don’t think….”

No! I didn’t!

“Isabella, you promised you would try to sleep!”

“But you feel so cool against my kitty.”

“You are trying to kill me aren’t you? Why don’t you just take a gun and shoot me?”

“Why would I do something like that? Do you know you have a sexy, pouty bottom lip?”

“To help put me out of my misery.”

“Are you miserable?”

“Angel…how can I be miserable with you lying on top straddling me bare ass naked? Or that you’re humping my abs bare ass naked?”

“I would hump something else if you took off the towel.”

“No… the towel stays. Isabella…I am not taking advantage of you. You are higher than a kite.”

“I am high on you… your holy hotness.”

“Excuse me….my what?”

“Your Holy Hotness. You know you’re hot and well…so fucking stellar looking, like an Adonis which makes you holy…like a Greek God.”

“Oh really? Is that so?”

“Mmm…Hmmm…”

“Well in all fairness you beautiful girl…are a Goddess too, but the towel stays.”

“Edwardddddddd.”

“Isabella if you don’t behave, I have ways to restrain you and I am not above doing it until you have finally come down from that drug.”

“Can I lick you? You smell so good. I bet you taste like a big honey flavored Edward Ice pop cause you smell like honey…yep….you will like my tongue…I  have mad skills. I can tie a cherry stem in a knot without touching it… using only my tongue. You got any cherries? I can demonstrate for you.”

“Holy fucking Christ are you shitting me?”

“You wanna see it…watch look how long it is…?”


HOLY SHIT! I AM A FUCKING SLUT!! Oh God what have I done! What he must think of me!! Maybe I can just jump out the fucking window…no…that would surely kill me.

Fuck! 

Fuck!

FUCK!


After taking far too long I know I have to face him. I stand at the top of the stairs taking notice at the size of the house. It certainly doesn’t look like a place that just one guy like Edward would live in.
I tiptoe down the stairs and listen to sounds coming from a room around the corner. I walk towards the noise making my way quietly toward the entrance of what is a state of the art kitchen.
All I can do is stand here at the doorway, peering in and feel my face heat up in embarrassment because I thought that Edward and I were alone. Edward sits at the breakfast bar that is surrounds a center island as he is texting someone on his phone. I observed a tall Native American guy with long dark hair moving around the kitchen like some five star chef. Then I catch the scent of something that smells really good.
“There you are, come on in, don’t be shy.” Edward smiles and the guy looks up at me flashing me a smile so bright, Colgate should hire him to be a spokesmen.  His teeth stand out against his dark skin and instantly I am reminded of Jacob.

“Bella this is Sam, he is my ranch hand. Sam, this is Isabella.”



 “Hello.” I say quietly giving him a small wave as I walk towards Edward and climb up on the stool to sit down next to him.

“Hello Isabella, it’s nice to meet you. I bet you’re hungry.” He smiles and winks at me and my face heats up.

“Starved.” I blurt out. “But please call me Bella.”

“Alright, Bella. It’s almost ready.” He smiles further and asks, “Juice or coffee?”

“Juice…I don’t drink coffee.”

“Really? That’s unusual.” He grins.

“Not for me. I am not fond of muddy water, but thank you.” I smile and look over at Edward and watch him crinkle his nose, then he smirks at me chuckling.

“How do you feel Isabella? Better?”

“My body is a little achy.”

“Sam.”

Sam walks over to a cupboard and pulls out a bottle of pain reliever and gives me two.

“Thank you.” I take them with my juice.

Silence falls over the room and even though I am too embarrassed to talk about this, I have to ask. I have to know and I don’t care who is here, I just need to know what all had happened.

I turn to Edward. “How did you know where to find me and where did he take me? I remembered some things upstairs about a warehouse that had an art show.”

He gives me a sad smile.

“There was no art show where I found you. Eat and we can discuss it after, alright?”

Sam places a platter on the table of silver dollar sized pancakes, along with bacon and hands me an empty plate.

“Help yourself.” He offers. 

“Thank you, this is really too kind and it smells really good.”

“Nonsense.” He takes a piece of bacon biting off a piece and I look over to see Edward scrunch his nose up at it.

“Disgusting.” He grumbles and it is almost like Sam is teasing him with it as he throws his head back laughing. Edward looks at him with disdain. 

“Aren’t you going to eat?” I ask.

“No. I already did.” His phone chimes and he looks at it and replies with a text.

“What is today?” I ask looking at Sam while Edward is busy texting.

“Thursday.”

I chew on a piece of bacon while trying to remember what day I went out with Caius… when Edward fills in the blanks.

“Tuesday night.” His voice is low and solemn but he is not looking at me.

“I have been asleep for two days?”

“No, just a little over sixteen hours.” He shrugs setting his phone down.

Sam startles me with a loud clanging noise of dishes hitting the sink. I can tell something is clearly upsetting him and I wonder if it was something I said or did.

I continue to eat my breakfast and reach out to drink my juice feeling completely ashamed and mortified as to what happened and how I could have gotten myself into this situation as memories continue to flicker back to me to reminding me of my odd behavior.

Suddenly Sam breaks the silence, startling me. He turns to face me, his jet black eyes  burning into mine.

“Bella…I don’t know you, but I think you should know that I am sorry that you had to go through what you did. Edward stated that you went on a normal date just like any other young lady and the poor excuse of a man took advantage of you. It wasn’t right but more importantly…none of this was your fault. I can see it in your eyes sweetheart. You are already blaming yourself and you couldn’t be more wrong. You had no idea what type of monster you were saying yes to. Please do not blame yourself for any of this.
The world is filled with creeps like Caius, and are the scum of the earth. It is sad, but shit like this happens to nice girls all the time, and I wished there were not skeevy men out there but unfortunately there is. You are so lucky that Edward found you. Be grateful that you walked away unharmed even though I am sure the experience was traumatic, and more so as memories come back to you…but mostly don’t dwell on it and try to put it out of your mind.”

I look over at Edward and he gives me a soft smile. “Thank you.” I whisper and he winks at me and says, “No Thanks needed.”

“Now, if you will excuse me, I need to take care of the afternoon feedings. Is there anything else Edward?” Sam asks and Edward shakes his head no, then he walks out of the kitchen using a back door.

I sigh, still feeling embarrassed.

“He is right Isabella. You didn’t know about Caius. This is my fault and I feel totally responsible because you were in my club when you met him.”

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard and I snap at him. “Please Edward that is just ridiculous…so just don’t alright. I am a big girl and I knew exactly what I was opening myself up to. You warned me, but I chose not to listen.”

“We can agree to disagree.” He sighs before he asks me, “Do you remember anything significant?”

“Yeah. Uh…” I stop not knowing if I should just apologize or pretend like I don’t remember.
I can hear him hesitate when he asks me, “Do you remember me finding you?”

My face feels like a damn furnace just lit up under my skin as memories of my blatant, slutty behavior play out reminding me further of what I did to him, come back with crystal clarity. I cannot believe I humped him and got off on his stomach. The look on his face was like that of a tortured soul who was obviously biting his lip to stay in control. 

“Yes.” I whispered utterly mortified.

My eyes look out the window and avoid his. He shifts his weight in his chair and his hand reaches out to take my chin and turns my head giving me no choice now, but to face him. I find myself closing my eyes. I’m so disgusted with myself and I can’t face him. I’m so appalled at what I have done! I feel so helpless, and filled with regret for going out with Caius just to make him jealous. I was mad at him and was on the defensive, and look what that almost cost me.

“Look at me Isabella.” He asks his tone firm and serious. I blink, then open my eyes to the most magnificent emerald orbs shining like diamonds, and all I can feel is shame and embarrassment. I had remembered taking his hand and making him touch me in the car and in the shower and God I was so fucking wet. I want to die.

“It was the drug. It was not the real you. It’s just a side effect of the drug. I know that and I hope you don’t feel like I was taking advantage of you…I was just trying to make you more comfortable till it was out of your system. I want to apologize but I didn’t know what else to do. I am so sorry.”

I was pretty sure if I checked…I would be just as wet now as before, because Edward does things to my body that no one else ever had. I am not positive if it was the drug, but if that is what he thought it was, then I would let him think that.

A few tears spill out of the corner of my eyes and he lets go of my chin, but his hand moves up and his thumb gently swipes under my lower eyelids to wipe them away.

“You are far too beautiful to ever have tears in those eyes.”

He is definitely a candidate for a multiple personality disorder. He is very different somehow. Not like the asshole that I met that first night, but more like the guy that I remember dancing with as he held me in his arms, and the one that came to check on me after I had hit my head. He is caring and compassionate, and dare I say attentive. This is a bit confusing for me, but I am enjoying his attention.

“It is over and your safe and that is all that matters right now, so do you think you can just put it behind you?”

“What happened to him?” I whisper.

His eyes narrow into thin slits as his jaw clenches. “He has been taken care of. You don’t have to worry about him.”

I stare at him for a moment confused when an odd memory flashes in my mind.

Caius baring what appeared to be fangs. I shake my head and look down trying to remember if it was a hallucination or not. It had to be. Right? It was so vivid.

“You haven’t finished your breakfast.” He turns back to pick up his phone.

“I should probably go home after this.” I feel like I have been a big enough burden as it is.

He turns suddenly and his brow furrows. “Why?” I would swear he almost looks a little panicked and maybe hurt?

“You have been really sweet Edward and I really appreciate all you have done. I don’t think I should impose on you any longer though.”

“You’re not imposing.” He answers so quickly that I suddenly jerk in response.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you, but as you can see, you’re still a little jumpy and that is a good reason for you to stay. I think a little rest would do you some good Isabella. You have been through so much. Please.” He looks so worried and hopeful.

“Where are we?” I look out the window at the huge mountainside and a small creek that runs along the length of the front lawn of the house. I know they don’t have scenery like this in the streets of downtown Chicago. We have to be at least a couple hours out from the city.

“We are in Southern Illinois near the Shawnee Forest. I thought it would be a good idea to get you out of Chicago for a couple of days. This is my ranch…my home away from home. Isabella there is plenty of room here, and I really would like for you to rest before I take you home. I just don’t want you to be left alone, and I want to make sure there are no lingering side effects from whatever drug he gave you.”

“Do you know what it was?” I ask which was ridiculous because how could he know.

“I think it may have been Ecstasy laced with something else but I am not totally sure.”

I bob my head up and down. “The feely drug.” And then snort out the most embarrassing laugh. No wonder I felt so damn horny. They didn’t call it Ecstasy for nothing!

“Excuse me?” he looks confused.

“It explains a little bit of why you know…I wanted to be touched. I uh…God…I can’t apologize enough for well…I am sorry about that, my behavior. I mean…you know.”  I just want to crawl under a rock and die now….thank you very much. Could this be any more embarrassing?

He smirks at me and chuckles. “It is okay Isabella you did not hear me voicing any complaints in those memories did you?” His eyes tighten and I see a glimmer of amusement in them, as that devious smirk plays upon his lips again. Damn those lips looked so succulent…and kissable. I can only imagine feeling those lips all over my body. God Bella you are turning into a regular slut, and I shiver just thinking his lips on me.

My blood lights up like a lava flow under my skin. I flush making me look like the equivalent of a fresh Maine Lobster and if that isn’t bad enough I have to open my big mouth without any brain filter. 

“I had a few complaints, but you wouldn’t resolve any that I had voiced. My ego is slightly bruised.” I wonder where the hell that came from as I cover my mouth only to realize it is too late.

His eyes look down bashfully and then he leans in closer and I stop breathing.

“If you were in the right state of mind, I would have been more than happy to grant any request you asked of me…especially the one right before you fell asleep.” Oh my…he has no idea how he effects me. I cannot believe what my ears have just heard come out of his mouth. I feel my thighs go up in flames staring at his mouth as he says this to me.

I look at him out of the corner of my eye and wonder what the fuck was the last thing I said to him.

He smirks.

“I won’t say it…I am sure it will come back to you.” He winks.

Jesus a winking Edward. What the hell have I missed here? Is this the same guy who banished me from his club or what?

“Please don’t feel the need to apologize Angel. Please tell me you will stay?” he asks again and he is giving me this smoldering look, I can see the hope in those sparkling green eyes. 



“Sure, but please allow me to pay you for the clothing.” I gesture to the tiny denim shorts and tank top that actually fits perfectly, and look really good on me.

“Nonsense, Isabella. I am more than capable of paying for what you are wearing. I can afford it. Sam was kind enough to pick some things up while he was in town earlier. I am just a little embarrassed that the small general store lacks any real fashion sense. I also had him get a few other things and they are hanging in the closet upstairs also in the guest room you were just in.”

“Oh. Well thank you. I will have to thank Sam as well.” 

“Don’t worry about it.”

I finish eating and insist on cleaning up the mess before Sam returns. It is the least I can do. Edward sits watching while not really speaking much but answering my questions when I couldn’t figure out where something goes. I can see the uneasiness in his posture. I know that Edward has some form of OCD because even the kitchen utensils are aligned with each other perfectly. Every design on the plates are stacked up, facing the same way with the rose pattern, and flourishes arranged just so. It all reminds me of the bathroom upstairs with the toiletries all perfectly aligned as well. Labels faced out, lids clean… even when one was half used. Now I hate to make something out of place after what I did in his office. I feel terrible because that really must have unnerved him to no end.
As I finish cleaning up Sam returns surprised to see the kitchen is spotless.
“Oh…Bella I could have taken care of this!”
“No, it was no problem really.”
“Well thanks. I am sure Edward had no problem guiding you to put everything in the proper location.” He smirks and Edward's voice growls out.

“Sam….”

He laughs and then another awkward silence falls between us again. Sam excuses himself heading out the back door.

“There are some tennis shoes on the chair upstairs if you want I can give you a tour around the place, if you feel up to it.” Edward offers and I am happy to see where he resides.
“Sure. Let me go put them on.” I bolt up the stairs and do not know quite how to feel about everything that has happened. It all seems so surreal, and I wonder if I will ever remember everything.

Edward was being so nice and Sam was so sweet.

I find the shoes and slip them on my feet shaking my head in amazement. I wonder how they know what size I wear….until I see my heels over in the corner. The size must be printed on the inside and I am sure that is how he knew.

I make my way back downstairs to find Edward leaning by the front door. He looks so fucking hot with his hair all disheveled the way I remembered it from that first night.

 It has that freshly fucked look, sex hair, bed head…whatever you want to call it, but I have figured out how it gets this way while watching him in the kitchen. It must be a nervous habit or something because he is constantly running his hand through it, way more than anyone I have ever seen do this before.

His list of oddities is growing which include, multiple personalities, OCD, and a nervous habit of running his fingers through his hair. 
Still it all makes him fucking hotter if that is even possible.
He holds the door open and I step out onto a huge porch that overlooks a plush, green front yard. The creek I saw before runs right through it and around a curve into wooded area with tall trees. I can actually see the house now and I am stunned by size the beauty of it. It looks fairly new and he explains little details about it, like the size of the estate, the acreage of the property, and things he had done. I can’t believe how beautiful it is and well kept for a single guy.
Wait…is Edward even single?

Shit I never thought to ask.

Fuck.

We walk around and I see the surrounding forest and realize there must not be another house close by, for miles. I think about this for a moment. I am at Edward Cullen’s home in the middle of nowhere. I practically want to squeal like a stupid hormonal teenage girl as he continues to lead me on my personal tour.




S*h*h*h*h*h…..

*!*!*!*!*!*!* Edward’s POV *!*!*!*!*!*!*



I had pretty much showed her everything there was to see when we finally stop to sit by the creek. She takes her shoes off and places her feet in the water, as we sit here talking, losing all track of time. Bella opened up to me and began telling me about herself and her family.




“Yeah as embarrassing as that is…it was who she was. Don’t get me wrong I love my mom even if she was a little ditzy and the town cougar.” She laughs and I can just envision it.

“The team member I miss the most…is Phil, he always said they were one big family and we were.” Her eyes drop with sadness.

“Family is the most important thing you have. My father always taught us that.” I offer.

She told me more about her life and I listened with fascination. I knew a lot of the things she was telling me already but I didn’t let on what I knew. I found Rosalie Hale’s story the most interesting. What was it that she had invested in this? Why did she care so much about and for Isabella? It didn’t make any sense to me. The red flag that went up for me, was the fact the Rosalie seems to only date men with money. She wants to marry a rich guy. I worried that maybe she was up to something sneaky when it came to Isabella’s inheritance. I was going to ask Peter to investigate this girl thoroughly.


Whenever Bella laughed I felt such warmth spread through me. It was a new and strange sensation, but I liked how it made me feel. I had never felt this before, but I was realizing it happened in her presence more often since I had admitted that she was in fact my mate.

 There was one trait about her that continually captured my attention more than anything else.

Her innocence.

It was as if she was taunting me with it because I couldn’t stop noticing how very young she was, and how inexperienced she was and the fact that she is just barely eighteen years old… and has not even begun to live her life yet, which left me feeling conflicted. I felt almost guilty for imagining the things I envisioned doing to her while she sat here and spoke to me.
She is smart and college would further her already higher intelligence, but there is so much she doesn’t know… so much she needs to learn, and I have this strong desire to teach her everything and not just about life but about the D/s lifestyle. I wanted her so badly and I couldn’t wait to really make her mine…in every way.

I was vague when she asks about my family. I give her basic details but that was it.

We began to walk again, as I still had one more thing to show her. I led her as we walk along the creek towards the stables and out towards Sapphire’s pen.

The warm air felt good all day as it heated my skin. The sun always had a way to warm my skin to a more pleasant temperature, but sadly it would never last long enough though. I hated that fact.
We round the bend, along the creek when Isabella looks up and she let out a sexy, breathy gasp. “Oh my God! Is he yours? He is so beautiful!”



I couldn’t help but smile at the way her face just lit up like a child’s would have the moment he saw Santa Clause perched in his big chair at the local mall.

What I wouldn’t give to hear her thoughts again but unfortunately just as I suspected the ability to hear her, disappeared as the drug worked its way out of her system.  It was a gift while it lasted even if it was short lived.

“His name is Sapphire.” I smile watching her as her hair blows in the wind and she covered her eyes to shade them from the sun as she looks over at him.
“He is beautiful my God look at that mane…but why name him Sapphire?”
“His coat shines in the moonlight just like one. He is the most beautiful dark blue you have ever seen and it reminded me of a Sapphire. He was running wild on my land when Sam caught him a couple years ago.”

“Do you ride him whenever you come out here?” she looks over her shoulder at me.

The sun was lower in the sky as the golden hour approaches. She looks breathtaking in this light, her hair has highlights that shine of a reddish mahogany color, and were radiant in the sunlight against her chocolate tresses. Her skin is beautifully pale which is normal for the beginning months of summer and it didn’t go unnoticed that her denim shorts hugged her ass nicely… not to mention the tiny little black wife beater tank that hugged her womanly curves. She looks so fucking sexy in it and again I swallow back a mouth full of venom as I had done a hundred times today already.  My skin isn’t the only thing that was warming up…then I remember I have to answer her.

“No Bella.”

“Why? Isn’t he broke?” She stayed a few steps ahead of me.

“Yes.” I reply and she now looks at me puzzled.

 “You don’t like to ride?”

“I can’t.” I mutter and hear the sadness laced in my voice.

“Why not? You don’t seem like the type to be afraid.” She smiles coquettishly and I couldn’t help but smirk.

“I am not the one afraid.” I say softly.

“I don’t understand.” Her curiosity although it is endearing it is also uncomfortable for me to handle sometimes. I want to tell her what I am so badly but I know it’s too soon. 

“He spooks when I go near him.” I sigh.

“Really that’s odd. Horses only spook when they sense danger.” She was walking backwards facing me and watching me curiously.

“He should spook Isabella…maybe you should too.” I mutter but thought I had said it lower than I actually did.

“Why do you say that? I mean you’re the good guy. You’re harmless.” She grins. “Just another day in the life of a Superhero”

If she only knew.

“No Isabella, you could not be more wrong.” I state. “I am not a hero.” 

“Oh Edward, quit being so dramatic. You are in no way the bad guy.” She laughs and waves me off and I can’t help but chuckle.

“You never do what I expect.” I mumble not understanding why she doesn’t have the normal human reactions to our kind. Her instincts should be sending her warning signals and if it is, she is definitely ignoring them.

“They call it unpredictable. It’s not always a bad thing.” She kneels and pulls a weed out of the grass and blows it sending the pollen into the air.



My eyes watch her lips in fascination. The venom flows freely and I yearn to kiss her as she turns to face me with a smile on her face.

“But, I would call it lack of self preservation.” I smirk and change the subject quickly.

 “Umm…Have you ever ridden a horse?” I ask walking a few steps behind her with my hands in my pockets to hide my ever present erection.

“Yes, his name was Rowdy. I rode a lot when I was younger. My father’s best friend’s son had a horse. His name was Donnie and he used to let me ride all the time during summer. Come on Edward…I will help you. I bet he would let you if you didn’t let your fear keep you away and you approached him slowly.”

“No Isabella. I know how he is. I won’t go near him especially with you close because he could rear up and may get out of control. It is dangerous and I can’t put you in harms way.” I reply sternly.

I pull out my phone, “Sam…bring a bridle for Sapphire. I want to let Isabella take a ride.”
I snap it shut and flash my best smile and wink at her.
She squeals like a little girl and takes off running to the gate. I stay where I am, keeping my distance which is pushing it for the horse. He senses my presence already, and as much as I hate that I have never been able to ride him, it is wonderful to see Isabella get the opportunity. Her excitement and joy warm me. I like seeing her so happy.

I watch Sam come out riding one of the other stallions with the tack for the horse and he gallantly clears Sapphire’s pen as his stallion jumps the fence looking like a great warrior Chief as he circles around them and climbs off to help Isabella.

Bella is clearly a natural and it is obvious she has been around horses as she runs her hand over Sapphire’s nose patting it. She helps Sam get him ready and Sapphire nuzzles right up to her making her laugh. He likes her. I am glad I had not touched her today. He would smell me on her and possibly frighten easily.

I watch Sam with her while she mounts him like a pro. A strange emotion comes over me and I am surprised that I feel envious. I have wanted to ride him so many times I can taste it. It wasn’t for lack of trying either. Sam and I had tried, but he just wouldn’t settle down long enough with me on him. I feared he would hurt himself if I persisted and I didn’t think it was worth the risk.
I watch her as Sam opens the gate and nods pointing her in the direction toward the trail. Sam gave me a sad smile as he mounts his stallion and I cannot help but hear his thoughts as he speaks to me silently.

I wished you could join us Edward. I will keep an eye on her.

I nod and watch them ride off around the curve of the trail and out of my sight. A feeling of unease comes over me, and I don’t like it at all. I feel anxious that she is not near me. God if I could only hear her thoughts. I then use Sam’s eyes to watch her ride and listen to them talk.

“How long have you worked for Edward?”

“It’s been a few years now.” He is looking ahead for any dangers and I feel some relief.
Sam is fully aware how badly I want to ride Sapphire and we really did give it our best shot. It just was never meant to be.

“So, is Edward really afraid to ride?” She asks and Sam laughs.

“No the horse doesn’t take to him very well. Even I have good and bad days. He isn’t fond of men.”

I shake my head listening to Sam make up lies for me. He has been very faithful and I respect him for that.

He had lost everything when I found him a couple of years ago, and was trying to kill himself. He begged for me to kill him, but I had refused. I don’t know how he knew what I was, but he did and he claimed that he had lost his beloved wife to an animal attack. I watched the memory of the night I found him play out in his mind and he showed me what he had been through. He could do nothing to keep that wolf from tearing his wife apart, and was even bitten himself but got knocked out when the wolf drug his wife Emily’s body over rugged terrain and he fell hitting his head on some rocks trying to go after him. He woke up later in the hospital. Some hunters had found him and he had been trying to kill himself ever since then. He claims she was his soul mate. I felt bad for him. The only thing I could do was offer him work and take him in and he has been here ever since.  

An hour had passed and I listened to her asking questions that I was sure she was trying to figure me out. I chuckled when her curiosity steered towards my girlfriend status. Sam knew instantly she was checking to see if I was single and he played along sort of teasing before he finally told her she would have to ask me. My private life was mine and he knew nothing about my life in regards to relationships. I could see the frustration in her eyes for lack of getting a solid answer.

I wait anxiously by the creek now watching the fish in the water flow downstream with the current, by the glassy smooth rocks, when all of a sudden Isabella came around the path. She didn’t stay on it and I felt panic when I realize she is leading Sapphire right for me.

I jumped up and yelled for her to stop. “No Isabella! Stop where you are!”

Sapphire skids to a halt and she stares at me with wide eyes. “What’s wrong?”

“I told you he will rear up!” I snap at her, livid now that she has ignored my earlier warning.
“Edward just relax he senses your fear!” she clucks her tongue and snaps his reins and sends him straight for me in a slow and steady pace.

“Isabella! Goddamn it…Stop!” I hiss at her.

She didn’t stop and I was about to turn and run away when she reached out and patted his neck speaking softly while she kept coming towards me. I would not have believed it, if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes. He had never been this close to me without freaking the fuck out. The calming effect she had on Sapphire and myself included…was remarkable, but I still remained cautious.

“Just stay calm and he will. If you are anxious around him he will sense it. Just relax and he will be fine.” She whispers.

I stand here with my mouth hanging open as she brings him right to me but I didn’t dare move.

I try to control my anger as I speak to her through clenched teeth. “Isabella I am so fucking pissed at you right now. Do you know how dangerous this is for you? What if he throws you off?”

 “Don’t go there Edward, just calm down. You are freaking him out.” She warns as Sapphire shakes his head and she magically rubs him and calms him back down. Damn it, she is mouthy, and exasperating, and I am stimulated by her none the less.

I swear I want to yank her off of him and throw her over my shoulder, heading right for my whipping bench and beat that sweet little ass of hers. I huff and try to calm down but it was so fucking hard. What the hell is she thinking? I do not like that she disobeyed me and that I had no control of the outcome here. I was worried she would be hurt, and I cannot allow anything to happen to her.

Sam finally came around the curve and abruptly stopped. He barks out orders, his own anger is now obvious. “Isabella guide him to the pen now!” I nod grateful that he is here to stop this.

“Just pet him once please.” She asks giving me this sad puppy dog look with those big doe eyes of hers.



I narrow mine in response, “You are the most defiant little brat I have ever met.” I manage through gritted teeth.

“Pleaseeeeeee, for me? ” She whines.  Fuck, the things I do for this woman. She drives me insane, but I find I cannot help myself where she is involved. How can this woman elicit so many emotions in me?

I take a deep breath, slowly lifting my hand and silently will Sapphire to not react to my touch as he had done in the past. I know this is the stupidest thing I have ever done as I put my hand on his wither and let it glide over him slowly. He just stands there and Sam watches in sheer amazement and so the fuck do I.

I know one thing for sure if he shows me in anyway that he poses a danger or he is about to rear up with her on him, I will have no choice but to stop him no matter what because I cannot let any harm come to her.

“See? He likes you.” She grins widely with her eyes alight.

“He has never let me touch him before without reacting.” I mutter quietly.

“Isabella, I think it would be wise to not push the horse. Take him to the pen now please.” Sam interrupts and I am grateful for it. I will have to have a talk to her later about the risk she took carelessly. 

I should just tell her. She has to know, one way or the other.

She sighs and clucks her tongue in her cheek, “Sapphire, come!” she pulls his reins to the right and he goes willingly. I stand here in awe over the fact that he isn’t at all spooked and follows her command. I am puzzled as to how she accomplished this when Sam and I failed so many times.

I stay put and watch her guide him into the pen and Sam tells her that he will take care of him after she dismounts. She turns and comes walking back to me. Her eyes look down and she chews her bottom lip.

“Are you mad at me?” her tone is soft and I can see she feels badly.

“You could have been thrown Isabella.” My voice is still angry.

“I take that as a yes.”

“What do you mean?” I narrow my eyes at her.

“I told you people only call me Isabella when they are mad at me.”

I can’t help but fight to hold off my chuckle. I fail miserably and she smirks.

The sun is about to drop behind the mountain. I lead her to the house reprimanding her for her defiance all the way and she reacts like a scolded child. She walks with me with her shoulders dropped, eyes downcast, and a pouty lip. I can’t help but notice how sexy she looks and my cock stiffens at the thought. Ah yes, she just might be a good little submissive.

“Sam is BBQ’ing some steaks, I hope your hungry.” I offer to change subjects.

“Yeah, is it alright if I clean up first? Now I sort of smell like a horse.”

I laugh and tell her, “Sure.” She heads upstairs and I meet Sam in the kitchen.

“You are smitten with her.” He says as he washes his hands.

“It is a lot more complicated than that Sam.” He dries his hands off and pulls open the fridge pulling out three steaks.

“I assume she doesn’t know about you, so you may want to act like you are eating.” He smirks.

“I need to tell her and now I don’t think it can wait.”

“Why does she have to know now?”

“Sam are you really that oblivious to my eye color?”

“I hadn’t really stood here and gazed lovingly into them Edward, but now that you mention it…they are most unusual. I have never seen your eyes this color before, are you wearing contacts?” He snorts and opens the steaks pulling out the meat tenderizer to beat them with.

“My eyes turned green because of her. She is my true mate.”

He snorts out another laugh. “Damn and I thought my hokey legends were ridiculous, so I take it this is a vampire thing?”

“Of course it is.” I groan.

“Listen Edward, I am not sure if you were listening to us out there or not, but I am pretty damn sure that this sweet young lady upstairs is just as smitten with you. She looks at you like you are the moon and the stars and she clearly has it bad for you. I don’t think telling her what you really are will matter much to her...not when she looks at you the way she does. Also, not to mention the fact that she doesn’t scare easily like she should when it comes to your kind. Hell Caius is proof she doesn’t fear your kind!”

I growl under my breath at Caius’s name. “She is human Sam. You know what that means don’t you?”

“Yeah you have to go all Vampward on her ass and bite her to make her like you. I get it Edward, really I do. If you are sure that she is the one, then don’t wait to tell her. Just do it. Think of it like peeling a band-aid off. It is better if you do it quickly. Do you get what I am saying man? Edward, because she is human she doesn’t have the luxury of time like you do. Don’t let her get away. I see something in both of you and you two are meant to be. Hell, she is the first girl that you have brought here and I know the number of women you have lined up in Chicago you big, fucking stud. Your man whore days are numbered.” He laughs.  I know he is trying to be humorous, but I feel he may be right about all of this. I still cannot believe what she does to me…all of me!

“Besides, she is a sweet girl and I think you two have a lot in common.”

“She deserves to know the whole truth…not just the fact that I am a vampire. All of it.”

“Then you have a long night ahead of you.” He walks out the back door with the steaks and BBQ sauce. I groan. I hate BBQ sauce especially when you bring it back up. I hated smelling, let alone eating human food.

I walk out and sit on the lounge chair on the deck with Sam and I regret that I can hear his thoughts as the memory of Emily pops into his head. I watch him cook while I look out over the horizon as he plays that fateful day back. The day Emily lost her life and he is half the man he was because of it and I feel bad for him. The sun had already dipped down below the mountain and the yard is cast in its shadow completely now. I hear Isabella getting out of the shower and I can’t help but inhale deeply.

“Smell good?” Sam smirks and I know I am caught.

I chuckle deviously, “You have no idea.”

“Oh…contraire I think I do.” He laughs.

He goes inside and prepares the rest of the meal when I hear Isabella come down and offer to help him. He refuses and tells her that we will be eating on the deck. I look over to see her step out of the back door.

I have to shift in my seat when I see what she is wearing. I feel my cock harden in anticipation when I see how short this dress is, exposing her long, sensuous legs, and I remember the previous night when she literally had those legs wrapped around me as she straddled me, trying to dry hump me. A low groan erupts from deep within my chest, as I fight to maintain some semblance of control. She is driving me fucking insane, and I think she is enjoying every minute of it.





I need to remember to personally thank Sam for his great taste in the slutty little house on the prairie clothing he had purchased for her. She is in a country style, calico print, strapless mini sun dress. I must say it is fuck me… shorter than hell! I can’t help but chuckle knowing that the small town store doesn’t have great fashion sense but this outfit only makes her look ten times more fucking innocent than she already is. Fuck me. I am so damn screwed it isn’t even funny.


I hold back a moan at the sight of her, as her seductive scent fills the air, I cross my legs to hide my obvious erection.  I fight again with my damn fangs, cursing them for even existing.

I swear to God I have never been around a woman that constantly arouses me like this! It is damn near maddening! I walk around with a permanent hard-on. I know when I finally take her, it will not only be beyond my wildest imagination, but it will be like opening Pandora’s Box. I will not be able to control myself or ever have enough of her once we go down that path.

“Hey.” She says softly and plops down in the lounge next to mine. Then sure as fucking shit, with my goddamn vampire vision… wouldn’t you fucking know it that I actually catch site of her damn skirt flaring up, and I get a peek of those innocent as fuck, white cotton panties. I want to bang my head against the wall…or better yet kick Sam’s ass for buying her these sexy panties!

“Hey.” I respond as I run my hands through my hair.

“It smells good.” 

Yes it does, and I am not referring to the steak on the grill either. Between her blood that smelled so incredibly sweet and was singing to me, and that sweet aroma coming from between those white panties my nose and senses were in over-drive.

“Yeah Sam is a great cook.” I lie.

“Listen Bella…I want to explain something to you about that night at the club. You know when we danced?” I hope she isn’t angry or hurt like Alice seemed to think she was.

Her eyes narrow and I see the flash of kittenish anger and I see her take a deep breath.

Okay so maybe I was wrong. Shit.

“What about it?” She looks away as if it isn’t important.

“I know I was an ass. I told you the reason I thought it would be better to walk away and I am sorry. I was a fucking idiot.”

“It’s no big deal Edward. It was just a dance. It is over now.” She waves me off and I have to admit her words sting. Did it mean nothing to her?

She looks out over the yard and I watch her face as she scrunches her nose up, then turns to me and asks, “What is that?” she points out over the yard.

“What is what?”

“You don’t see those like flashes out there?” she points over the yard towards the woods. 

“You mean the Lucciole?”

 “Lucciole?”

“It is Italian for fireflies.” I grin.

She turns to look at me her eyes are wide. “You speak Italian?”

“I speak several languages Dolcezza.”

She blushes and I whisper, “Quella destinata per te, nessuno la prenderĂ ”

Her heartbeat thunders in her chest and my eyes drop to her throbbing pulse point in her neck. My mouth fills with venom and I hate that she is sitting so far away even though she is only in the chair next to me.

“Wow…I have no idea what you said, but are that what those are?  Fireflies?” She points out over the field.

I can’t help but chuckle. “Yeah, you have never seen them before?” I watch her as she watches the flickers out over the yard.

“No. They don’t have them in Arizona. That is amazing it’s so cool. Why do they light up?” Her eyes dart all over the place. I laugh watching her try to keep up with them.

“They are signaling their mate. Actually the males are wooing the females and trying to impress the ladies with their mad flashing skills. One of those fuckers out there is going to get lucky tonight. She wants it just as bad as he does…and she thinks it’s pretty hot.” I don’t take my eyes off her and a small smile plays at the corner of her lips as I explain the mating ritual of a fucking firefly and cannot believe I am being such a fucking nerd.

“Wow that is impressive Mr. Cullen. You would make a great biology professor.” She giggles.

“Oh yeah? You really think so? Would you like to be my only student?” I cock my brow at her and she quickly changes the direction of our conversation.

“Is it true you can catch them and put them into jars and they will light up your bedroom at night?”




“Yes.” I smirk.

“Ohhh…I want to catch some!” She bounces in the chair excited and I throw back my head laughing just as Sam comes out.

“Can we  try after dinner?”

Sam smiles at her having overheard our conversation and says “Sure.” 

I know that is going to drive you ape shit having bugs in the house!

I glare at Sam as he laughs inwardly. 

Fucker.

We get through dinner discussing everything from fireflies to me being far too picky and organized. I almost felt like they were both ganging up on me about my need to have things so neat. Sam and Bella did the dishes after we are done while I sat out on the deck texting back and forth with Peter.

It is done. I hope we have masked the scent well enough. We will know sooner or later. He is ash. The Volturi have been alerted to a fire at one of their locations and it won’t be long now…How is Isabella? When will you be back?


I reply.

Good. She is recovering. Not sure yet. If I had my way…never…talk to you later.


Isabella comes out with two glass jars and she asks me if I am coming.

“No go ahead I will sit here and watch.” I smile and hope this gives me the opportunity to dump the food I didn’t eat into a napkin near me.

I sit here watching her and it amazes me how absolutely beautiful she is. Her laughter is the sweetest sound in the world and fuck her innocent curious nature causes me to harden fucking again.

I decide that I don’t have forever to tell her. It has to be tonight. There is no reason to put this off any longer. I vow to myself before the daybreak, I will have disclosed to her what I am and then my sweet Angel fireflies will not be the only ones that will be claiming their mates.



©Robshandmonkey ~ All Rights Reserved


Translation: Dolcezza- Sweetness or Little Sweetie…implied “Sweetheart”

Quella destinata per te, nessuno la prenderĂ  - No one will take the one who is destined for you



4 comments:

  1. Very lovely, you can be very romantic too ;D ! did Water for Elephants inspire you? ... I know this is a D/s story, but I can't help my self, a deeply in love Edward, making love to his Bella sometimes, is hot like hell like a Dom Edward...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this chapter. This gives the story the emotional background that makes the sex even hotter. They are clearly falling for one another. I liked that Edward didn't hide what happened, nor made her uncomfortable about it. He could have come on to her, but didn't, giving her that time she needs to get over what Caius and the drug did to her. He is caring and very sweet. I like Sam too. He is a good friend to Edward. My fingers are crossed for the great reveal. I think she will take it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really taking this fuckfic slowwwww.... savouring it. I allow myself a chapter a day, if that..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Drea, I want to start off with this. It is fucking priceless. LMAO. “But you feel so cool against my kitty.”

    “I am high on you… your holy hotness.”

    “Excuse me….my what?”

    “Your Holy Hotness. You know you’re hot and well…so fucking stellar looking, like an Adonis which makes you holy…like a Greek God.”

    “Oh really? Is that so?”

    “Mmm…Hmmm…”

    “Well in all fairness you beautiful girl…are a Goddess too, but the towel stays.”

    “Edwardddddddd.”

    “Isabella if you don’t behave, I have ways to restrain you and I am not above doing it until you have finally come down from that drug.”

    “Can I lick you? You smell so good. I bet you taste like a big honey flavored Edward Ice pop cause you smell like honey…yep….you will like my tongue…I have mad skills. I can tie a cherry stem in a knot without touching it… using only my tongue. You got any cherries? I can demonstrate for you.”

    “Holy fucking Christ are you shitting me?”

    “You wanna see it…watch look how long it is…?”

    Yeah and this...I need to remember to personally thank Sam for his great taste in the slutty little house on the prairie clothing he had purchased for her.

    I can see anal Perfectward tugging on his hair at this. LOL.I know that is going to drive you ape shit having bugs in the house!

    I guess now we are onto serious shit. ;)

    Thanks for sharing. Take care and peace. T.

    ReplyDelete